P2513-001 Error Code

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AndrewOl

Car
E350 A207
Hi,
I wonder if anyone could give me a bit of advice on the above code?
2006 420GL. As I understand it this is a small motor that sits in the middle of the V on top of the inlet manifold. Are the swirl flaps operated only during starting or are they active during normal driving too? Given that the code appears to be pointing to a positional feedback issue is this likely to be due to general wear in the linkage which looks quite extensive from the photos I have seen? The code was current when I plugged the iCarsoft in but after resetting did disappear so the car came out of limp mode. It will only be a matter of time before it happens again though. So what are the options here? The motor itself is not expensive but if it wear in the linkage that is causing the problem is this repairable. There looks like there is a bodge to force a healthy signal but I’m not keen on that approach in general.
Thanks
Andy

I know this has been done to death with the v6’s but does anyone have any knowledge of the problem with the v8?

Well the same thing happens to the V6 and V8 engines,if you are a decent mechanic you can replace the arms and also a motor if needed,the reason people fit the bodge repair is that the cost of doing that job in a garage is high and there seems to be nothing gained by having the swirl flaps operating,if you must have them working there is a repair kit I think,I have never seen the kit but suspect the arms are still made of plastic which is the normal fault with these that they become brittle and break,as always it is up to the car owner.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom