P30 Steering Wheel

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
His guys,

Just wondering if this would fit my C55 AMG?

eBay - The UK's Online Marketplace

I believe Aussie (tudu) has the same one on his C55 but the seller is not sure if it would fit c55's:confused:

Thanks,

Joe.

Hi Joe,

I believe the wheel would fit no problem however, the wheels that, that company sells are all missing the airbag & electronic buttons to make a complete steering wheel. All they are sellling is the empty steering wheel (base) with paddles. You would then have to buy or obtain the correct airbag + electronic buttons from any steering listed in the compatible models (at great expense). Once you have these 2 items i believe that the guys at Command can fit & code for a further £150.
I've also looked at changing my C55 "push button" steering wheels for a proper paddle shifts & i was in contact with the same company. The best option i found out was to buy the R171 SLK 55 AMG steering wheel - part no. A171 460 53 03 9E37. This steering wheel is Exactly the same as the wheels already fitted to the C55 BUT, it has AMG - aliminum paddle shifters instead of buttons. You then only need to swap over the existing airbag & buttons you already have & get the Command guys to code it for £150. (have a look at the pic below - the wheel is exactly the same 3-spoke design & fit that is already in the C55 ). I haven't gone forward with this project yet but if anyone else has opinons or options I'd be happy to hear too!

Attachments

• A 171 460 53 03 9E37.JPG
    A 171 460 53 03 9E37.JPG
    101.4 KB · Views: 129
Hey mate,

Yes, airbag is about £300, how much is the one in your image?

£150 for fitting/coding is not bad.

Hey mate,

Yes, airbag is about £300, how much is the one in your image?

£150 for fitting/coding is not bad.

The wheel in the picture sells for £349.00. You can use the airbag & buttons from the orginal C55 wheel so total cost inc. coding should be (drum roll...) £500.
I have also been told that C55 wheels (without airbag & buttons) sell for around £150-£200 so it could be even cheaper!

If you currently have buttons, there should be no coding involved!

i know that paddleshift could only be swapped on the W211 post 2005, anything earlier there was a few electronic components which had to be swapped and was over £1500

drop an email to mbenznl, he should be able to answer

The wheel in the picture sells for £349.00. You can use the airbag & buttons from the orginal C55 wheel so total cost inc. coding should be (drum roll...) £500.
I have also been told that C55 wheels (without airbag & buttons) sell for around £150-£200 so it could be even cheaper!

Hi,

I phoned MB today to get a quote for that steering and they said £1200, LOL!!

think i'm going for the P30 one, as I like it, allot!:thumb:

If you currently have buttons, there should be no coding involved!

i know that paddleshift could only be swapped on the W211 post 2005, anything earlier there was a few electronic components which had to be swapped and was over £1500

drop an email to mbenznl, he should be able to answer

Thanks mate, will do.

Do you have his e-mail address?

Hi,

I have recently bought a second hand paddleshift steering wheel from ebay for £60.

It has the black plastic paddles rather than the aluminium AMG paddles.

Comand "quoted" me £199 to fit and code it. I just have to sort out some time to get down there to get it done.

If they have quoted someone else £150 - I'd better get back in touch:D

I only have a lowly C180k but still want the paddle shift (guess I just like toys)

I have seen new ones on the bay for around £200 to £250.

good luck!

Attachments

• DSC_4148.jpg
    DSC_4148.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 91
Also I've just had a look at comandonline.co.uk and they have the aluminium paddles for sale at £150. Nice but I can't justify that much so I'll stick with the plastic ones:)

My personal opinion is that the AMG paddles look a bit "bling":)

you did well, i've been watching ebay for one of those wheels, would have had that one too, but i would have added the AMG ally paddles if i got the wheel for only 60, did you have the guys fit it and do the coding work yet ? I assume you kept the original button, or did you swap it for the C-S-M version ?

Not got round to arranging a trip to Comandonline yet.

Bit of a round trip for me, so waiting till I head in that direction.

ah ok, well i'll be keeping my eyes open on fleabay and a couple of other places, i could do with a deal like that :D

paddles are £99 from the stealer, or at least they were!

which part numbers ? .. those might have been the regular plastic ones ?

part number A1712670046, they are the Aluminium ones (they come as a pair), if you get them on the inchcape site (£113.40) then use promo code
"PROMO10"
for an additional 10% off which is still near the £100 mark

you can replace the black plastic paddles with this item

hope that helps

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom