P31 engine differences?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

indus

Car
c63 AMG estate
Hi there

I'm new to the forum so hello to you all. I'm picking up my 2013 c63 amg estate on Saturday.

Mine is the vanilla version but I was wondering what exactly are the uprated engine internals that the P31 version has?

Thanks

Hi and welcome -

In base form, the C63 stirs up 451 horsepower at 6,500 rpm and 443 pound-feet of torque at 5,000 rpm. Our C63 coupe tester's optional P31 AMG Development package ups the ante to 481 hp. The P31 package includes a crank, rods and pistons plucked from the SLS as well as a revised engine calibration, though the latter is arguably the sole contributor to the P31's 30-hp bump.

Hi Don, thanks for your reply.

If indeed the p31 has strengthened rods, crank and pistons aren't people worried when they tune their standard cars to produce extra power?

Thanks again

indus said:
Hi Don, thanks for your reply. If indeed the p31 has strengthened rods, crank and pistons aren't people worried when they tune their standard cars to produce extra power? Thanks again

Your welcome, I guess not plenty of 63s here remapped to approx 520bhp and 550 with headers all running with no problems.

Your welcome, I guess not plenty of 63s here remapped to approx 520bhp and 550 with headers all running with no problems.

Fair enough. Do we know of any engine failures in the post facelift cars?

Thanks again

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom