Pace Drivers - Flame post!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Richard W

Car
BMWs :-)
Pace Drivers article

I'm gobsmacked, I suppose I shouldn't be suprised that someone, somewhere, in a position of power is stupid enough to suggest a hair-brained scheme such as this. :eek:

Please post your comments to the Autotrader editorial team, I'm sure the media coverage will increase and highlight which idiot thought this one up. :crazy:

Last edited:
If only I could do as much as 70mph on the M62 in the morning!

It is not a new idea but is now creeping into wider use as ways of "engaging" with the community. There will be more

http://www.idea-knowledge.gov.uk/idk/core/page.do?pageId=1723614

980 drivers signed up for that one!

It is supposed to be only for local roads and especially those around school routes and does not have people driving around especially, just those who would be on the road anyway agreeing to always keep at or below the speed limit.

But if Doncaster wants to extend this concept to major roads and motorways that is a very different and far more dangerous concept.

So, Community Speed Watch and Community Pace Cars being pushed. What next? Maybe:

Community Secret Police (e.g. East German Stasi, 97.000 paid civilian agents and 173,000 informers just waiting to denounce their neighbours)

Community Benefit Claimant watch? (Too late, Poor Law of 1601 established Overseers of the Poor)

Why not just set up the generic Community Enforcement Drones???

Satch said:
Why not just set up the generic Community Enforcement Drones???

Suggesting that all community involvement falls under the same heading is wrong - Not sure who the "Doncaster Road Chiefs" are? certainly the plan they suggest is not in line with "defensive driving" - more likely to wind-up other drivers and cause accidents.

Would be interested to know who the organisation are and who supports them?

:rolleyes:

about as clever as suggesting to put traffic lights on motorway slip roads to stop vehicles entering.

Ah what an excellent idea - let's put 100's more drivers onto our already overcrowded roads so that they can cause lots more uneccessary congestion and pollution......genius :crazy:

I wonder what an insurance company would make of somebody signing up as a Community Pace Car.

Would their SD&P insurance automatically cover this?

I have just the car for the pace car role! I mean they even use it F1 so it must be okay...now whos up for trying to keep up?

or have i misread the situation again???? :devil:

Like this sort of Pace Car? :D
pace-car.jpg

blassberg said:
not April 55th? ;)

you are the 55th person to mention that. well done, one 55th of a jelly baby on its way as a prize.

Satch said:
I wonder what an insurance company would make of somebody signing up as a Community Pace Car.

Would their SD&P insurance automatically cover this?

I wonder what "Doncaster Road Chiefs" insurance think about the public liability implications? Given the proven "wave effect" when slow traffic blocks a motorway lane, deliberately setting out to cause it and the likely subsequent accidents can't be without some responsibility for the aftermath.

Also, isn't Lane 3 for overtaking only (or is it Lane 3 for the good guys, Lane 2 for Centre Lane Owner Drivers Society (CLODS) and Lane 1 for Wimps)?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom