Pads (C63). Too good to be true?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
How do you know? Just asking for reasons, not suggesting you're wrong.

Probably made from custard creams.

Don't forget motoring rule #1 - never buy a car or spares from West Yorkshire (especially if it's from a 2 bed terraced house in Dewsbury :D

Don't forget motoring rule #1 - never buy a car or spares from West Yorkshire (especially if it's from a 2 bed terraced house in Dewsbury :D

I quite like custard creams :D

You do get some crap and biased advice on here. I've noticed that these pads are for sale by A to Z spares. When I lived in Yorkshire a few years ago I used them for many parts and they were great. I mostly went into the shop but they could pretty much get any brand I requested.

Suggest you call them and see if they can tell you what brand they are and take it from there?

Jules.

Quick EBay message to the seller reveals they are APEC pads. Hardly a bargain given you can get front and rear for around £80 if bought separately on EBay. But easy to find out what they are with the seller being responsive to my question.

Not sure if APEC are any good, I've never used them myself but seem to remember from past searching that they supply blanks to a lot of the smaller disc and pad sellers who drill / groove the discs and then sell as their own branded packages......

You do get some crap and biased advice on here. I've noticed that these pads are for sale by A to Z spares. When I lived in Yorkshire a few years ago I used them for many parts and they were great. I mostly went into the shop but they could pretty much get any brand I requested.

Suggest you call them and see if they can tell you what brand they are and take it from there?

Jules.

Yep I used A to Z all the time when I lived in God's Own Country and they were good and very helpful. I think though that I would be tempted to use OEM stuff on a 63 ppp though.

Another vote of confidence for AtoZ used to have a shop local to me but it closed so now use a local motor factor instead. Beauty of AtoZ is they seem to be able to get parts others can't and never had an issue with quality

APEC are OK but wouldn't want them on a C63 the OEM set up us bad enough if you drive tge car in anger. I would be looking at a suitable upgrade with higher performance pads unless you tootle around all day in which case APEC will be fine

Last edited:
Out of interest to the OP, Mercedes were offering me 33% discount last week on discs and pads all around for my CLS55, might be worth giving them a call?

Try MB may get discount and stock are more than good enough for road use.

Hi,
I know nothing about the seller - but brake pads on a high performance car are one part that I would not compromise on - and I would be looking for OEM direct from the dealer or a very high quality, known performance manufacturer/supplier.
I would not be buying them off EBay from that part of the U.K.!!!
Cheers
Steve

Thanks guys. I am not in imminent need of pads, just saw these whilst browsing. I'll avoid for now :)

Streveml63, I was not looking to scrimp or cut corners. Merely asking the question: Are these real or no real?

Eddie

I smell a bit of racism.grow up and dont be so ignorant.

Hi,
I know nothing about the seller - but brake pads on a high performance car are one part that I would not compromise on - and I would be looking for OEM direct from the dealer or a very high quality, known performance manufacturer/supplier.
I would not be buying them off EBay from that part of the U.K.!!!
Cheers
Steve

:wallbash:

Tony.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom