Pagid brake shoes, a cautionary tale!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Lyserman

Car
Shanks's Pony (for now)
Picked up some new Pagid shoes for my S203 as the original (Galfer) ones were crumbling.
They were fitted with new adjusters and cable knuckles but when I went to fit the disc both sides would not go over the shoes despite the adjusters being in their smallest position.
Once removed I checked the new against the old shoes and found the tang that fits into the slot on the screw adjuster was 3mm longer than the original ones.
10 minutes with a file sorted it out but I thought I would let other members know about it so they can check before fitting.
Another good reason for spending a few extra £ on OEM.

A quick question for anyone out there:
I adjusted the new shoes so the wheels just turned freely but when I try and get 5 clicks on the foot pedal using the under seat adjuster it locks the wheels. Does that mean one or more cables is overstretched?

Tony
PS Just looked up the cost of new rear brake calipers and they are £20 cheaper from MB than ECP. Go figure!

Last edited:
Tony
PS Just looked up the cost of new rear brake calipers and they are £20 cheaper from MB than ECP. Go figure!

Not unusual.

The pedal cable is a bit tight, hence you can't get five clicks.

Not unusual.

The pedal cable is a bit tight, hence you can't get five clicks.

I can get 8 clicks and over with no problem. If I try to get less then it starts to pull the brake shoes and locks the wheels.

Brake pads are something I ALWAYS get from the dealer.
You KNOW the dust isn't gunna stick like the brown stuff to a blanket, to your rims ... and they last.
They're good value - and as we all know Cheap is expensive.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom