Pagid brakes any good

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

reflexboy

MB Enthusiast
Car
E350 CDi Sport&SLK250CDi AMG Sport
Morning all
The pads on my R230 SL need changing all round. They are the originals and the car has done 33K miles. Euro Car Parts have a great sale on at the moment and I can get Pagid pads all round and matching Pagid front discs for £141 all in.(normally just under £200) Although the discs are not particularly worn the surfaces are a bit ripply and I have never been that impressed with the SL's braking performance, so I thought I'd change the discs too.
They say Pagid are OEM spec. They only sell Pagid and Eircher discs, but Pagid, Textar, Bosch etc pads.
Anyone have experience of Pagid stuff?

Pagid are very good and with the ECP discount they're good value. Before you pull the trigger, do get a quote from your local main dealer parts counter - they've surprised lots of people.

Pagid are very good and with the ECP discount they're good value. Before you pull the trigger, do get a quote from your local main dealer parts counter - they've surprised lots of people.

Thank you and will do when they open this morning. The Piston Heads crew say they squeel a lot. That would drive me mad, however, several people recommend them.

Thank you and will do when they open this morning. The Piston Heads crew say they squeel a lot. That would drive me mad, however, several people recommend them.

Some years ago we had Pagid all round on our W163 ML and they were every bit as good as MB parts. Back then the MB parts were a lot more expensive, although since then MB have consistently been as cheap, or even cheaper!

I stick with MB parts on our AMGs but I wouldn't hesitate to use Pagid on our other Mercedes. I couldn't say that about other aftermarket brands.

Another thought: PCS, MSL and Mercland have done some cracking "fitted" deals with MB parts in the past, it might be worth a quick call. :thumb:

Worth noting that Pagid are now a Euro Car Part 'own brand' special/in house line. They are in no way an OE manufacturer for Mercedes either. Eicher I think are made in China - not sure what the quality is like on those?

Take no notice of the sale as it's marketing BS. They artificially inflate the price then 'discount' heavily to make you think you're getting a great deal - it's just about the 'standard' price.

I would get a price from MB (ask for discount too - there should be a good margin on braking/service parts) and use this as your benchmark.

Check out GSF - they seem to offer more of the OE brands in my experience - ATE/Textar etc. They should be able to compete on price too - normally able to negotiate but 10% minimum is always available.

Good luck,

Will

I fitted a new set of Pagid discs and pads all around on my ML, perfect and felt no difference in performance to the originals.

^^^And if you decide to go with ECP, check the prices using the same part numbers over on 'carparts4less' as they are often cheaper even with the ECP 'special offers'... :)

^^^And if you decide to go with ECP, check the prices using the same part numbers over on 'carparts4less' as they are often cheaper even with the ECP 'special offers'... :)

Thanks Will

Have pageid pads and disks on my R230.. For the first 1500 miles or so they squeezed something awful!! After a 200 mile run down the motorway the settled down. As and when they are replaced I'll be getting proper MB ones...

Squealed even ....

Last edited:
Well Mercedes came back at £270 as opposed to £141 at ECP for the Pagid stuff. Decisions decisions

Well Mercedes came back at £270 as opposed to £141 at ECP for the Pagid stuff. Decisions decisions

Call up GSF Jim, they're only down the A3 from you! :bannana:

On second thoughts I may just go with MB Epsom. They have added on the wear sensors that I don't need as the dash warning has not been activated so the true comparison price is £249. £110 more than ECP. Maybe worth sticking with MB as if I get brake squeal I'll probably throttle the cat!! Looking further at GSF they seem to do VTec, Jurid and Brembo pads. The Brembos are £1 different in cost to the MB ones. The website doesn't say who makes the discs. Think I'll go with MB. I'm too lazy to faff about:thumb:

Also got Pagid/Textar discs and pads from ECP and they aren't bad except for the fronts squealing:crazy: I would use their discs and get Ekebono ceramic pads instead.

Ask MB about discount. You should be able to get something off that price.

Are you a member of the owner's club - 10% at least (£25)

I always speak to GSF on the phone or in person - they do stock a lot of proper OE stuff :)

I think Jurid are fine too.

Will said:
Ask MB about discount. You should be able to get something off that price. Are you a member of the owner's club - 10% at least (£25) I always speak to GSF on the phone or in person - they do stock a lot of proper OE stuff :)
Think I'll go with MB and ask for discount. What's a good grease to use on the rear of the pads and guide pins Will? Tia

I think MB will be able to supply you some if you ask.

No idea on part numbers etc!

The MB parts counter will throw in the grease sachets, and probably fresh sensors.

Definitely ask for a discount, and for the sake of a call try a couple of other nearby main dealers. Pricing between dealers in the same group can be wider than you might expect!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom