Pagid sports pack discs

Discussion in 'Wheels, Tyres, Brakes & Suspension' started by Roy W, Mar 26, 2014.

1. Roy W

Roy W New Member

Car:
    C220 CDI AVANTGARDE SE 4DR AUTO
    Pagid Mercedes-Benz | Euro Car Parts UK?s No.1 Car Parts Retailer

fitted a couple of these plus pads only 5k ago and one of them is warped (vibration under braking in steering)

Wonder if they are side specific, ie can you fit them Off and Near side??

Disappointed they`ve only lasted this long :(

2. br0ke

br0ke Hardcore MB Enthusiast

I bought my car with 24k on it and didn't need to change the disks until 78k. I assume they were still the originals on it when I bought it.

I too went for the Pagid from ECP. I paid £70 for the pair with pads and sensor. 15k later and they are starting to go. I can feel the pads catching when I am going slowly in traffic.
    They are still OK under normal braking, but I can't see them lasting much longer.

3. Auto-mobile

Auto-mobile Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    2x c43 Amg clio 172 turbo 314bhp
    You have sports pack, I'd make sure that your calipers are not seizing, very common.

4. tonyc280

tonyc280 Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    1997 C280 V6 Elegance Auto Facelift. 1992 Kawasaki ZZR1100 C3
    Ive always had trouble with pagid disks.

5. flango

flango MB Club Veteran

Car:
    Mercedes CLK 230 Kompressor Sport
    Pagid pads are fine but the discs are garbage they warp badly usually before 20k. On the other hand Pagid pro discs and pads are brilliant have them fitted to my Subaru Impreza they have taken some real abuse yet are still perfect.

6. brucemillar

brucemillar MB Club Veteran

Car:
    C55 AMG Wagon - W124 300te 4matic Wagon - BMW 4.8is X5 E53 - SWB Pajero 3.5 V6 24v
    So what is the comeback here. I have fitted Pagid discs & pads all round to my AMG and less than 5K later I have a rumble/vibration from the N/S front under light or heavy braking. Wheels and tyres all checked out fine as is balancing tracking etc. So I am thinking I have a warped disc. Not happy that I have paid (a) for new discs and pads (b) for the fitting.

7. John Jones Jr

John Jones Jr Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    Mazda MX5 10AE, W201 2.5-16, W202 230K Sport man, Honda Accord & Suzuki 'Ricer'.
    I think you're only option is to return the discs to the supplier, depending on the particular supplier they'll either return the discs to the distributor/manufacturer as a warranty claim or credit you there and then, more than likely the former.

8. OP
    OP
    Roy W

Roy W New Member

Car:

Same side here, so where does that leave us?
    I see there`s also Textar, ATE and Eicher discs to suit, some cheaper some dearer, which ones are the best?

I can`t replace discs plus pads every 5 - 10k or so.

9. whitenemesis

whitenemesis MB Club Veteran

Car:
    Lexus RC300h F-Sport 2016
    What's wrong with fitting MB discs and pads?

10. DSM10000

DSM10000 Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    E32O CDi Sport, C320 saloon MX5 1.8 Sport, RR 4.2 SC
    I have had a noticeable vibration when braking that started a couple of weeks ago but is getting worse,

I had something similar when I first got the car annd that turned out to be a tyre that was not circular. This feels similar as the steering wheel shakes but no obvious judder through the brake pedal. I did however, have Pagid discs and pads fitted around 30,000 miles ago, still plenty of pad thickness and disc wear appears even with only a minor wear lip. I am having the wheels, tyres and tracking checked tomorrow and whilst the wheels are off will get the brakes and suspension checked over.

11. p3tchy

p3tchy Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    CLK W209, K6 GSXR 1000
    I would look at your calipers and make sure they are not sticking. I've done over 5k on my pagids and still working fine and I hammer my brakes hard.

12. OP
    OP
    Roy W

Roy W New Member

Car:
    Not a thing - which ones are Merc OE equipment?

13. DSM10000

DSM10000 Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    E32O CDi Sport, C320 saloon MX5 1.8 Sport, RR 4.2 SC
    Ones supplied by Mercedes? I had a feeling that they do, or did manufacture their own?

14. OP
    OP
    Roy W

Roy W New Member

Car:
    Yes, looks like some come from Pagid,
    just like to know if any of the members have used another make that they found were better quality?

"Pagid's reputation for high performance friction is substantiated by O.E. approvals with:

• Audi S4, S6, RS 6, TT, Q7
    • Mercedes C-Class, SLR
    • Opel Vectra OPC
    • Lamborghini Murcielago
    • Aston Martin Vanquish
    • VW Phaeton, Touareg
    • Porsche 997 GT3 RS, Cayenne
    Leading the field in both O.E. and aftermarket friction development, Pagid is working in partnership with the world's leading brake and vehicles manufacturers for high performance cars."

1 person likes this.
  15. EuroCarParts

EuroCarParts Authorised Forum Sponsor Authorised Forum Sponsor

Car:
    European
    Hi guys,

All of our Discs come with a minimum 12 month warranty (25 month for Pagid brakes when purchased and fitted as a set front and rear) As most of you know the Pagid braking range covers a huge selection of manufacturer fitted parts, and all of the range meets Original Equipment Specification. (hence how we can offer such a long warranty on the Pagid range)

If anybody is noticing issues with any part purchased from ECP you can rest assured we have a simple and efficient warranty process that allows members a no quibble exchange - (The discs will still be tested but this allows the customer to get the issue fixed ASAP.)

If there are any outstanding problems, please feel free to give me a shout directly and i can help to resolve it.

Pat

16. whitenemesis

whitenemesis MB Club Veteran

Car:
    Lexus RC300h F-Sport 2016
    Just buy from MB. You'll be assured of the correct fit and quality. MB prices I have found to be very competitive where discs and pads are concerned.

17. ProfEngineer

ProfEngineer New Member

Car:
    SL 400
    The ECP 'simple and efficient' warranty process means that the local store has to send the warped discs away for testing to verify the warranty claim - a process which takes 6 to 8 weeks.

18. EuroCarParts

EuroCarParts Authorised Forum Sponsor Authorised Forum Sponsor

Car:
    European
    Hi,

We have 2 options - a no quibble exchange, where any faulty parts are replaced like for like in store.

If you need to claim for further labour charges, then we will need to get the parts tested (to ensure that they have failed due to manufacturing defects) - at which point we can then refund the price of the parts, and the labour fee associated. - Unfortunately this takes upto 6 weeks to go through

hope that helps,

Pat