Paging Ian Walker ...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Flyer

MB Enthusiast
Car
Ford Mustang GT
Ian,

Hope you don't mind me asking you here ...

I've sent my daughter in Australia a parcel for Christmas via Parcelforce "International Standard". I took it to the Post Office on 6 December. The Postmistress (what a great job title ;) ) advised that it should take about 5 days to get there as I paid extra (over the Economy).

Just checked on Track & Trace:

Date Time Location Tracking Event

14-12-2004 02:07 International Hub Arrived at outward Office of Exchange
09-12-2004 17:27 Stoke Depot Export item accepted into network
09-12-2004 17:09 Stoke Depot On route to hub

So, for 3 days it went nowhere :( and 8 days later it doesn't appear to have left the UK.

Searching around the website, the Map Search indicates that it should have been posted by 26/11 at the latest (the Country Search box has the dates reversed ...).

What do you think? Any chance of it making it by Christmas?

Flyer said:
Ian,

Hope you don't mind me asking you here ...

I've sent my daughter in Australia a parcel for Christmas via Parcelforce "International Standard". I took it to the Post Office on 6 December. The Postmistress (what a great job title ;) ) advised that it should take about 5 days to get there as I paid extra (over the Economy).

Just checked on Track & Trace:

Date Time Location Tracking Event

14-12-2004 02:07 International Hub Arrived at outward Office of Exchange
09-12-2004 17:27 Stoke Depot Export item accepted into network
09-12-2004 17:09 Stoke Depot On route to hub

So, for 3 days it went nowhere :( and 8 days later it doesn't appear to have left the UK.

Searching around the website, the Map Search indicates that it should have been posted by 26/11 at the latest (the Country Search box has the dates reversed ...).

What do you think? Any chance of it making it by Christmas?

Pm me with the consgnment number and I will see what strings I can pull. Cant promise anything but I will dig into our system. BTW this year we have collected 33% more parcels than last year, things are looking up. That is if you havent been made surplus to requirements :crazy:

>advised that it should take about 5 days to get there

In all my time of sending things from the UK to Australia (probably 100+ items in 4 years) through various means including parcel farce, I have never had anything arrive in that time period.

It must be very frustrating when you read here of the excellent service we are getting from autopia which I believe is based in California?

Regards,
John

Thanks Ian, PM sent.

Thanks Scott, I shouldn't be too hopeful then? Funny isn't it? I have received the parcel that my daughter sent to me - she sent it on 07/12/04 15:16 for $47 - I received it on Monday ... 6 days :crazy:

John, I guess Autopia use FedEx or similar and probably pay peanuts due to their bulk deliveries. For the occasional package, one gets royally screwed over - it cost me £41 to send the parcel to Oz ...

I sent a video tape, a packet of microwave popcorn and a huge galaxy bar to someone in Aus. I listed it as "video tape" on the outside. Customs opened it up and confiscated (consumed prolly!) the popcorn as it was "seeds" and therefore contraband but the chocolate bar and the video made it through (dispite saying that confectionary would be confiscated!). Took about a week on normal airmail, this was a couple of years ago.

Flyer said:
Thanks Ian, PM sent.

Thanks Scott, I shouldn't be too hopeful then? Funny isn't it? I have received the parcel that my daughter sent to me - she sent it on 07/12/04 15:16 for $47 - I received it on Monday ... 6 days :crazy:

John, I guess Autopia use FedEx or similar and probably pay peanuts due to their bulk deliveries. For the occasional package, one gets royally screwed over - it cost me £41 to send the parcel to Oz ...

Hi Flyer,
I see now why you are justifiably complaining. Ouch!!!

Good luck,
John

We have relatives in New Zealand and your post has made me think.

I wonder if I should try to log onto a New Zealand store and buy the annual present on a credit card and let the local store deliver it?

Thanks for making me think

glojo said:
I wonder if I should try to log onto a New Zealand store and buy the annual present on a credit card and let the local store deliver it?

Well, funny you should say that, because I also did that (dads and daughters ;) )! I ordered a digital camera from a firm in New South Wales and they'll deliver it for $14 (£5.50); the parcel I sent was filled with more personal items (chosen for their light weight :) ).

So at least she will have one present off us for Christmas Day. Hopefully, Ian will come back with some good news.

>Thanks Scott, I shouldn't be too hopeful then? Funny isn't it? I have received the parcel that my daughter sent to me - she sent it on 07/12/04 15:16 for $47 - I received it on Monday ... 6 days

It's usually much faster from Australia than the other way around.

Flyer said:
Hopefully, Ian will come back with some good news.

As they say in the song "Its Good News Week" Here is info that you dont get from the website.

Despatched fom Coventry International Hub 15/12/2004 @ 11:15
Export Consignment Number CIH0042322
Export Despatch Number 1156
Wieght 2.12kg (Andrew not very big for favorite daughter is it? :D )
Will be delivered Tuesday or Wednesday if Oz Post get their finger out.
The pilot of the aircraft is called Jeff.
The plane is Dull Chrome.
One of its engines has been recently serviced and it has new tyres
Sat Nav a bit iffy though :D

Joking aside it will be there before Christmas.

Ian B Walker said:

Joking aside it will be there before Christmas.

Now THATS what I call service!!!!

Ian B Walker said:
As they say in the song "Its Good News Week" Here is info that you dont get from the website.
Outstanding job, Sir! To whom do I send the email to for outstanding customer service? :D Thank you!

Ian B Walker said:
Wieght 2.12kg (Andrew not very big for favorite daughter is it? :D )
It's a shoebox :D full of girly things. (I was sure it weighed more than that though :confused: )

Ian B Walker said:
[mrburns]Excellent![/mrburns] Only the one engine though? ;)

Congratulations to both of you for a story with hopefully a happy ending. What a great place of 'contacts' this forum has proved, but what a pity Flyer was not told this when he made the original enquiry.

:D :) Apart from only one engine being recently serviced and a dodgy SAT-NAV :) Perhaps the plane is going round in circles and bought Flyers package back to dear old 'Blighty'

Regards,
John

Flyer said:
Outstanding job, Sir! To whom do I send the email to for outstanding customer service? :D Thank you!

You dont, You own a Mercedes. :D Glad to have been able to help.

Ian, the parcel's now arrived, thanks mate. Can you have a word with Jeff and thank him for flying WOT and pulling out all the stops :D

The Parcelforce website, however, says:

15-12-2004 11:15 International Hub Despatched from hub
15-12-2004 02:53 International Hub Left origin country

Presumably it doesn't get updated once a parcel leaves the UK? :confused:

Cheers again Ian :cool:
Andrew

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom