Paint advice..Please..

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mbstarz

Car
Mercedes c220 cdi sport
We are repaint the house in white throughout and would like some advice on paint brands and types.

We were thinking Dulux Soft Sheen for walls and ceilings. Is this any good? Or alternatives?

What's best for timber skirting, doors and architraves. I don't like the high shine but need something durable. Satin or eggshell?

Thanks in advance

I've never been a fan of Dulux. Much prefer Farrow & Ball but when it comes to shades of white, anything will do really but in that field, I prefer Crown paints.

I've used Brewer's "Own Brand" Albany white emulsion paint for years on ceilings - made for Brewers by Crown, I beleive! Cheap, but do the job well! For walls, it's normally a case of finding the colour SWMBO wants, rather than choosing a manufacturer, so in the "left overs" I have Dulux, Crown and Albany, thankfully she's never chosen the expensive Farrow and Ball stuff!

Wow farrow and ball is expensive just checked!! Must be good stuff though! I think homebase have got 3for2 on this weekend so I may pop down

We did ours a little while ago in dulux satin, it took about two weeks for it to turn from gloss to satin - very weird. Good finish though and quite durable.

+1 for farrow and ball modern emulsion. Goes along way. My painter thought I was nuts at £67 a can but then became a convert. The estate emulsion is not hard wearing though and is chalky. Great colour range though.

I always used what was being used on the site I was working on , I always found painters who needed some plumbing/ heating gear in exchange , good old days on building sites , long gone now I suspect :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom