Paint Advice

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Spinal

MB Enthusiast
Car
x254, G350, Duster, S320, Mach1, 900ss and a few more
A while ago, I had one of the bathrooms redone by a handyman.

He painted the walls and roof with a white paint (with a roller), that hid all the bumps and imperfections in the previous textured roof.

I had a small leak upstairs, which is fixed, but I need to replace a section of this "paint" (which is quite thick - in the area that it bubbled from the leak, it takes some hitting to break. I would guess it's near half a mm thick, if not more).

Any idea what this paint is/was?

M.

Presume you mean ceiling, not roof, and it's going to be a challenge to patch whatever you use without stripping the whole ceiling, without it being noticeable. However, a lot will depend on what finish you have... smooth or textured?

Subject to which finish you have, this may be what you are looking for. Product Catalog

Have you asked the decorator?

Ceiling - yes, sorry, not roof!

and it's a smooth finish...

Can't ask the decorator, after his son died on in a motorcycle accident, he left the country...

Possibly a ripple type finish paint BUT applied with a smooth roller instead of a textured finish one. Wickes Smooth Ripple Emulsion Paint White 5L | Wickes.co.uk
To be honest repairing a small section of ceiling seldom makes a "seamless" repair- Best to repaint the entire ceiling which would remove the necessity of matching the previous product??

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom