Paint chips

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Weldfixfab

Car
Cls 55 AMG
Hi again polished car at weekend and noticed a few paint chips .. can i use your brains for best results without going to the full cost of respraying
cheers Hodge

Theres a guy on youtube with a channel called Ammo NYC. He did a video on dealing with loads of stone chips on an old Porsche. He used a Loew-Cornell fine line pen to paint them. I have one these myself and it is very good for dealing with stone chips. The ones I did on my own car were virtually invisible afterwards.

Theres a guy on youtube with a channel called Ammo NYC. He did a video on dealing with loads of stone chips on an old Porsche. He used a Loew-Cornell fine line pen to paint them. I have one these myself and it is very good for dealing with stone chips. The ones I did on my own car were virtually invisible afterwards.
Thank you for the tip on the fine line pen. I’ve ordered one as I’ll never remember the name if I need one in future!

I will look him up cheers 😁

Where did you get yours from

I think it came from Amazon but if you google it, there are plenty online. I dont remember how much I paid but it was about £10 or so. Its really good at putting tiny dots of paint on a stone chip but the hole is so small you might need to thin the paint to get it to flow and clean it out with thinner afterwards or you'll have to bin it.

I've usually bought a little kit from Paints4u but haven't bought one for the white car as each time I bought a touch up pen at the end of last year, I decided to sell the car. I got through 3 cars in as many months after buying a touch up pen 😁

On this subject (the pen suggestion is great thank you) where are you finding the best matched/quality paint? I have some small areas I want to tidy up and I'm struggling with paint choice

It's 744 brilliant silver (if that makes any difference based on experience)

I tend to use the proper MB touch up paints. The colour match is ok on small chips.

remember after touching up to "blend it out" meaning to polish it so it is less obvious. in some cases, maybe even sanding it

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom