Paint code and touch up.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Graham7

Car
C220 CDI
Hi All,

I have recently bought my W204 220cdi and have noticed a couple of tiny chips around the boot lid. Other than that the car is immaculate so I'm very happy.

I thought I would look for a matching touch up so got the colour code from the black label in the drivers door check and checked that it matches the fourth code number on the underside of the bonnet. It does, so all fine there. The colour code is 792.

I then checked the code on automotivetouchup.com and it says that the car is Palladium Silver but it looks more grey then silver to me.

What I'd like to know is is Palladium a grey shade or is it just me? Also can anyone recommend somewhere to buy a touch up pen or the like? There are only about four very small chips to touch up.

Thanks in advance. :)

A lot of car paint colours have names that mean sod all, go with the code you have, Mercedes Benz sell touch up paint kits that you might expect to be a perfect match.

Thanks Pete.👍

Hi All,

I have recently bought my W204 220cdi and have noticed a couple of tiny chips around the boot lid. Other than that the car is immaculate so I'm very happy.

I thought I would look for a matching touch up so got the colour code from the black label in the drivers door check and checked that it matches the fourth code number on the underside of the bonnet. It does, so all fine there. The colour code is 792.

I then checked the code on automotivetouchup.com and it says that the car is Palladium Silver but it looks more grey then silver to me.

What I'd like to know is is Palladium a grey shade or is it just me? Also can anyone recommend somewhere to buy a touch up pen or the like? There are only about four very small chips to touch up.

Thanks in advance. :)
Palladium silver is more grey than silver. Looking at your avatar your car looks palladium to me so will be ok.

Palladium silver is more grey than silver. Looking at your avatar your car looks palladium to me so will be ok.

Thanks for that. 👍 :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom