PAINT CODE

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ASHW124estate

Car
Mercedes Benz W124 Estate 300D
Hi guys I've seen threads about this but my old 1994 W124 Estate is missing the "sticker" and I don't have the original service book/handbook.

With other makes of car sometimes the code is included somewhere along with the metal plate that has chassis/vin.

Is that the case with these cars and if so can someone help me decode?

The colour is actually that green that Mercedes did back in the day - not too dark but not the really light green.

Thanks

Welcome to the forum:thumb:

If you input your full 17 digit Vin#, without spaces, into this site, your datacard can be produced which you can save as a PDF or as a link.
Your paint code will be in the datacard.

If you input your full 17 digit Vin#, without spaces, into this site, your datacard can be produced which you can save as a PDF or as a link.

Thanks for that , much appreciated.

Thanks for that
Thanks for that , much appreciated.
All sorted now thanks - if all fixes were as easy! Thanks again. Just to let you know I need the paint to top coat below the windscreen seal and trim after having to remove windscreen. It was replaced very poorly in recent years by a previous owner, seals were leaking into interior and rust around and below seals. So now scraped back, sanded and primed and waiting clips from Mercedes. Very reasonable to be honest - 90p each as opposed to triple that on eBay. Windscreen fitters expected next week. Thanks again guys

One other thing , the leaking! Checked sunroof drains and the right hand front one seems to drain out ok but leaks on the way at the RHS of footwell on the RHS bit of vertical carpet . Any ideas re a cure?

Glad that is sorted.

Re the leak issue, apart from checking that the rubber drain pipe hasn't perished or is leaking I can't offer much.

The sunroof drain is probably either blocked or perished. I have heard you can blow compressed air through to try and clear them. I actually bought new drain tubes a few years ago as the drivers side was leaking. However it sorted itself so it was probably just clogged up with something

Since earlier I put a medium gauge metre and a half length of wire/cable (the heavy sort you'd use for training climbing plants) down both of the drainage channels and cleared some rubbish from them.

The bottom end of wire came out just forward of the front door hinge just in below where the front wing goes back to, at about indicator level.

Now to be really sure of what's cleared or not, I'd like to get to that part - the drainpipe/tube inside of the wing/body panel. Any ideas?

Just found this!

For you forum experts, perhaps you can "re thread" this onto the appropriate area of interest as this started off on me looking a paint code!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom