Paint Colours

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Turbo1

Car
E class
New member here. I am on the look out for an S class to replace my E class. The car has been excellent but find it's a little short of cabin space and a little hard riding.

I was hoping to replace it with a S class (2014 shape onwards) as I feel the ride and space of the car will give me what I want.

I have no more than £30k really to spend on the car which I know is the bottom end of the scale for one of these. I've found a few but they are either black or silver with horrid black interiors. I would really like a light interior.

Why is that people spend nearly £100k to have a car in such a boring colour scheme.

I'm aiming for either a red (think its called hycanith) or a canvansite blue with a 350d engine. The car would have a cream interior.

Anyone here got one they are thinking of selling?

Short of space in an E class, they are huge.

I do like the S class there was a lovely S350 in black parked at Waitrose on Friday, very sumptuous inside, believe it was a coupe.

Good luck in your search.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Short of space in an E class, they are huge.

I do like the S class there was a lovely S350 in black parked at Waitrose on Friday, very sumptuous inside, believe it was a coupe.

Good luck in your search.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks - the boots big but the rear legroom is woeful. I am quite tall at 6ft and I cannot sit behind the drivers seat. Its a fine car if you have small children but if you need to transport adult sized passengers I'd go far to say it's not fit for purpose.

The rear legroom is so poor that I cannot even get my laptop/camera rucksack in the rear footwell as the front seat eats so much legroom. I also think upfront that the cabin is lovely but there's not masses of space to the right side of me. I feel even the F10 5 series has more space up front and in the back but they are really not what I want to drive.

Plus; the S class is the one. It just is. I was hoping an enthusiast might have one for sale.

Post deleted - missed that you wanted Blue or Red with non-black interior.

Last edited:

Thanks. The first I could stretch too but the exterior colour is deadly dull. The second is black which I don't like. Nice low miles on it.

Both have lovely interiors. Ideally I'd like a hyacinth red paint for the bodywork. Someone down the road has an E class in that colour and it's beautiful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks. The first I could stretch too but the exterior colour is deadly dull. The second is black which I don't like. Nice low miles on it.

Both have lovely interiors. Ideally I'd like a hyacinth red paint for the bodywork. Someone down the road has an E class in that colour and it's beautiful.

Designo Hyacinth is a very nice colour, though I would say that wouldn't I.. ;)

I'm not sure it's available on the S-class. I just had a play with the online configuration tool, and the only Designo colour that came up was white. The only red is like a burgundy Metallic. There are no red ones on Autotrader, but then you know that already.

You'll perhaps have more luck with Cavansite Blue.

Designo Hyacinth is a very nice colour, though I would say that wouldn't I.. ;)

I'm not sure it's available on the S-class. I just had a play with the online configuration tool, and the only Designo colour that came up was white. The only red is like a burgundy Metallic. There are no red ones on Autotrader, but then you know that already.

You'll perhaps have more luck with Cavansite Blue.

I could take a cavansite blue with cream leather.

Why do people choose such dreary colours for such nice cars. I don't understand it.

Why do people choose such dreary colours for such nice cars. I don't understand it.

If you look at the available palette for these cars, they are all a bit dreary with several shades of grey. As I mentioned already, the only red I could see in the configuration tool is a dark red. Cavansite Blue is a bit more understated than the Brilliant Blue offered for other models (not on the S). I'm surprised the more vibrant colours aren't included.

Maybe it comes down to the typical requirements of those (corporate grey or black suits) with the coin to specify and purchase a new S-class?

Anyway, good luck in your search.

PS. The first car I linked to is Palladium Silver, same as the SLK we had. It looks grey in the photos, but it's a quite interesting colour in that it changes depending on the light conditions. It's also quite easy to keep clean.

Last edited:

Couldn't agree more. That's why I've searched for a Hyacinth Red with cream (settled for Porcelain) interior.

Couldn't agree more. That's why I've searched for a Hyacinth Red with cream (settled for Porcelain) interior.

Mines porcelain with tenorite which was about as interesting as it got.

Maybe it's the type of people who drive them, the way they're financed/leased and choose resale values over the actual aesthetic of the car.

It's not just me, my dentist is having a torrid time tracking down an SLK that isn't greyscale.

Try sitting in the back of a Skoda Superb. TONS more legroom than an E.

I wouldn't want one. Although they're large you can sense they're based on a cheap car (golf based platform) and transverse fwd. No thanks.

I wouldn't want one. Although they're large you can sense they're based on a cheap car (golf based platform) and transverse fwd. No thanks.

In fairness, the Skoda isn't trying to be anything it's not and the Golf is a decent enough platform, though not of course for everyone.

I love everything black.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    122.6 KB · Views: 29
Last edited:
Try an E class wagon - longer wheelbase. I have a nice Hyacinth/cream one (with walnut too!) it might be the only one!

In fairness, the Skoda isn't trying to be anything it's not and the Golf is a decent enough platform, though not of course for everyone.

A golf is a tinny, cheap pile of crap. Been in too many of them. Don't see the fuss at all. I've been in plenty superb taxis to know they're the same.

Sorry but a red S Class is like a red Rolls Royce it just screams scrap metal merchant !

:doh:

Really. It's silver/black that screams lease car/company car driver as opposed to private owner.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom