Paint correction W124

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ian B Walker

MB Enthusiast
Car
300-24, saloon and coupe, E300 24 valve diesel estate
I have a very nice customer who had a quite ordinary E320 Coupe (W124). He has spent some considerable funds on bringing it back to a very high standard. One of the tasks we undertook was a complete respray. The spray company (in Blackpool) did not exactly do an outstanding job and have since been quite awkward on rectifying paint blemishes. So much so that I am now going to employ these people to sort out the paint.

Alchemy Detailing - The Art Of Transformation

I will post before and after pics. Detailing, so I have found out, is not as expensive as people are lead to believe. :dk:

Any luck with those pictures Ian

Sorry for the delay but I am having some problems uploading photos from my web site. To answer the question. The car had more orange peel on it than a Jaffa. Spent 2 days polishing it out then resorted to a complete wet sand down and polish. It looks quite presentable now and the customer is happy.

Be good to see the before and after shots

I'd have just bounced it back to the painters

Nick Froome

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd have just bounced it back to the painters

Nick Froome

I did but they were being more than uncooperative. Telling me that there was nothing wrong with it and that I got what I paid for. Not the case I can assure you.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just clicked on the link for alchemy and 250 for full paint correction and detail sounds incredibly reasonable. A lot less than I would have expected.

And yet, as Bolide implied, it's still 250 you shouldn't have to pay.

Bear in mind though, more orange peel than a jaffa is still probbaly a lot less than a brand new MB, which is probably the sprayers point of comparison.

The problem with bodyshops is that the painters cant usually polish that well... They usually have seperate guys doing the polishing work and to polish a car properly after a paint job takes a FULL day or two..
My widebody was almost 4 days of polishing...

Where is Alchemy about Ian, is it in the North West?

What was the work like, would you use it again?

Where is Alchemy about Ian, is it in the North West?

What was the work like, would you use it again?
Alchemy are based round the corner from where I live, Freckleton near Preston. Would I use them again? YES, I already have 3 cars booked in with them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom