Paint correction

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jonthetourist

Car
SL 300-24
Well Saturday I took my 21-year-old car to a nice man who spent the day grinding off the top coat of worn lacquer over the metallic paint. A job to be undertaken carefully by a skilled person.

And yesterday, as he advised, I waxed it. Not an activity I engage in more than once in a blue moon, at most.

But when I had finished, I have to say it looks the proverbial dogs doo-dahs. The paint code is blue-black and it now shines like a grand piano.

:)

Jon

No fun without Pics!
What wax did you put on after the paint correction?

No fun without Pics!
What wax did you put on after the paint correction?

It's only from the phone, but hope this is OK.

I used Turtle Precision Wax, followed by Turtle Extra Gloss. I can see how detailing can get compulsive, as you go round looking for anywhere that is not quite perfect.

Cheers

Jon

Attachments

• IMG_0295[1].jpg
    IMG_0295[1].jpg
    224.2 KB · Views: 125
You can certainly make out the shine though Jon even if the photo isn't that great. I love the glow you can get on that blue/black paintwork. Here's a pic after i machine polished mine. Doesn't look to bad considering the paintwork's getting on for 22 years old!

Attachments

• Merc 1.jpg
    Merc 1.jpg
    225.4 KB · Views: 96
You can certainly make out the shine though Jon even if the photo isn't that great. I love the glow you can get on that blue/black paintwork. Here's a pic after i machine polished mine. Doesn't look to bad considering the paintwork's getting on for 22 years old!

Very nice! I will try and get a pic of mine in some sunshine - my delight hasn't worn off after three days :):)

Jon

Nicer weather today. The bright light is the sun reflecting from the upstairs window in the garage.

Attachments

• IMG_0301[1].jpg
    IMG_0301[1].jpg
    227.5 KB · Views: 50
Looks like good work. I would personally use a more durable wax but thats just my opinion. The paint looks to have a nice lustre now so your man has done well.
I see the detailing bug has started to bite there Jon!! Lets hope it doesnt grip you like it has some of us on here...
Just needs some tyre black to finish that just valeted look ;)

Last edited:

That looks very nice. I really miss the pillarless windows of the CE with CLK. After so many years of pillarless coupes I really dont understand why the 208 never went down that route.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom