Painter given £30 fine for smoking 'at work'...in his own van

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Is life in jail not meant to be life which equates to 20yrs or less.?
Juvenile 2-6 yrs. what a laugh. That one takes the biscuit

recycled, I might agree with you, but should a juvenile be given a long stretch.? Isn't the system supposed to allow them to reform and become a better adult.?

Last edited:
I would like the camera there no doubt but as *** said it is not preventing the crime. further more, the camera evidence may probably vanish or worse still, the camera might be pointing at parked cars to see which is on yellow lines, likethe ones on oxford street, initially used for pickpockets, now mostly used for who knows what?
Nope your waffling :devil: :D apart from the first bit.

The tape would NOT disappear and there has been NO examples posted on this thread of that actually happening.

You Big Brother types want it all ways and that is okay for any arm chair critic but when we cut throught the waffle, cut through the hysteria, cut through the Big Brother rubbish then the real truth is:

I would like the camera there no doubt
The rest of your post is you trying to lay a smoke screen. CCTV camera's are operated by civilians who now KNOW they face imprisonment for playing with these very important items. Remember your Bootle example.... Even the supervisor went to jail. :)

Thanks for at least attempting to answer the question and I do note others have tried to dance around it. :devil: ;)

Off to bed now as pain is ruling brain.

THANK YOU everyone for an intersting debate

It's so nice that we can discuss such a cointraversial issue without getting personal.

Oh and there are NO camera's in the area where I live au revoir

bonne nuit
John

Is that ovaltine I can see you drinking, John?

it sure did not catch the first lot and the surveillance lead to the death of an innocent guy
I was going to bed but please recycled..... Your obsessed with this issue and your getting it sooon wrong. Yes this unfortunate person died. BUT.......... If there had been BETTER surveillance at the beginning of the whole sorry incident then this would never have had the result it did!

NO TAPES WERE LOST, NONE were misplaced. UInless you know different.

I'm struggling with my spelling and typing and really MUST go to bed. I would suggest you try very hard to either research this eevent thoroughly, or stop using it to support your case as at the moment your references are factually incorrect. Yes he was killed and yes he was innocent, but there was never any tapes and no one has ever said on oath thnat there was.

Off tpo bed :eek: :eek:

No - it would appear we don't.

well i know murder is a mandatory llife sentence.
I also know no one apart from brady that will actually serve a life sentence.
I also know there have been a lot of murders, so what is wrong then?
Or does the law not know what life is in jail is?

well i know murder is a mandatory llife sentence.
I also know no one apart from brady that will actually serve a life sentence.
I also know there have been a lot of murders, so what is wrong then?
Or does the law not know what life is in jail is?

I think you are confusing a life sentence with a custodial term. When a prisoner is released on parole, they are still under licence.
A life sentence means their licence is for life and they can be recalled into custody.

I was going to bed but please recycled..... Your obsessed with this issue and your getting it sooon wrong. Yes this unfortunate person died. BUT.......... If there had been BETTER surveillance at the beginning of the whole sorry incident then this would never have had the result it did!

NO TAPES WERE LOST, NONE were misplaced. UInless you know different.

I'm struggling with my spelling and typing and really MUST go to bed. I would suggest you try very hard to either research this eevent thoroughly, or stop using it to support your case as at the moment your references are factually incorrect. Yes he was killed and yes he was innocent, but there was never any tapes and no one has ever said on oath thnat there was.

Off tpo bed :eek: :eek:

just going by what the MP said john
http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2005/aug/14/july7.terrorism

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jean_Charles_de_Menezes

I think you are confusing a life sentence with a custodial term. When a prisoner is released on parole, they are still under licence.
A life sentence means their licence is for life and they can be recalled into custody.

confused or what?
I sentence you to life in jail means you spend the rest of you life in jail. no ifs , no buts.

Any other interpretation is rubbish.
So please tell us then it is i sentence you to 2 weeks in jail and then the rest on licence with a tag.
Tell us like it is.

have a good night, if you are going to bed. when controversies surround a case, you can be pretty certain someone is trying to cover his or her backside

Is this the surveillance tape that was supposedly lost.?

A surveillance officer at Tulse Hill checks the photographs of the terror suspects and decides "it would be worth someone else having a look" to see if Mr de Menezes matches them. He himself has missed Mr de Menezes's departure as "I was in the process of relieving myself", and was thus unable to transmit his observations and turn on his video camera

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/uk/article556227.ece?token=null&offset=0&page=1

I think this is showing the likensss of jean to the terror suspect. There is a distinct likeness.

http://image.guim.co.uk/Guardian/ne...ezes/[email protected]

Last edited:
confused or what?
I sentence you to life in jail means you spend the rest of you life in jail. no ifs , no buts.

Any other interpretation is rubbish.
So please tell us then it is i sentence you to 2 weeks in jail and then the rest on licence with a tag.
Tell us like it is.

I am confused now. What are you saying recycled.? Is it that I don't understand or that the system isn't harsh enough.?

Is this the surveillance tape that was supposedly lost.?

I think its this one

Missing CCTV footage
Initial UK media reports suggested that no CCTV footage was available from the Stockwell station, as recording media had not been replaced after being removed for examination after the previous day's attempted bombings. Other reports stated that faulty cameras on the platform were the reason for the lack of video evidence. An anonymous source confirmed that CCTV footage was available for the ticket area, but that there was a problem with the platform coverage. The source suggested that there was no useful CCTV footage from the platform or the train carriage.[72]
Extracts from a later police report stated that examination of the platform cameras had produced no footage. It said: "It has been established that there has been a technical problem with the CCTV equipment on the relevant platform and no footage exists." It also reported there was no footage from CCTV in the carriage where Menezes was shot, saying "Although there was on-board CCTV in the train, due to previous incidents, the hard drive had been removed and not replaced."
The platform CCTV system is maintained by the Tube Lines consortium in charge of maintaining the Northern Line; unofficial sources from inside the company insisted that the cameras were in working order. It was also reported that London Underground sources insisted that at least three of the four cameras trained on the Stockwell Tube platform were in full working order, and rejected suggestions that the cameras had not been fitted with new tapes after police took away footage from the previous day, 21 July, when suspects in the failed bombings caught trains there

I am confused now. What are you saying recycled.? Is it that I don't understand or that the system isn't harsh enough.?

not that you do not understand mate/

The system is stupid. making us think they are dealing harshly with criminals, and then letting them out through the back door.
the only people dealt with harshly are those who drive cars and can pay fines.

Hi recycled,
Have you noticed that in all the reports you list, not a single one states there were tapes, not one. This is a game the media, the Big Brother' brigade and any other 'fruit-cake' nut-cases want to play. If we were to just take a deep breath, step back from the heat of the debate and just think WHY!! Why would the tapes be removed and what would it achieve? The police have admitted they shot this unarmed person in the head. They have admitted it, there are witnesses that saw this awful scene....... The only thing this video will show is the fact that these officers shot an unarmed man in the head seven times.

I can think of any number of really penetrating questions that need to be asked, but I can assure you no video tape will answer them. My own thoughts are we should stop trying to point fingers at the unfortunate officers that killed this innocent man and perhaps look elsewhere! That however does not involve either CCTV or 'Big Brother':eek:

Right from the very beginning of this debate we have been on different sides, but so far there has been NO examples of official misuse, nor has there been a single reference regarding a factual case of a relevant tape going missing. The Bootle example really hammers home just how serious ANY type of misuse is deemed. Not only was the operator sent to prison but the person's supervisor also received a similar sentence. Compare that to the employees that were negligent in repairing railway lines that led to the deaths of multiple people!! I'm sure that will not alter anyone's opinions but I would not expect that, nor would I expect them to ask themselves what type of person undresses in full view of the public, canoodle's in full view of the public and then complains when someone actually watches them.... Oh and they also claim to be traumatised by this experience :devil: :devil: Still she has her audience of Big Brother fanatics that believe her.

the only people dealt with harshly are those who drive cars and can pay fines.
And those that abuse their position! :devil: :D

Regards
John

But any official misuse will be covered up!!1!!!!! Of course there won't be any reports of official misuse because that misuse will be used to cover it up!!!!!!!! It is a conspiracy!!!1!!!!!!

This post is intended in jest. If the government really was out to get me, I wouldn't be able to write this post.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom