Painting Break Calipers

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

normanr

Hi Guys

This is for all you artistic Merc fellows on the best Merc site around.

I have a 1999 C200 Esprit that I have spent a lot of money on so now I want to start doing some mods starting off with the basics of fitting alloys.

As you can see from the pics calipers need painting and my new disc's are going rusty,firstly what colour would you paint the calipers to not look too silly with my colour of VIVIANITE GREEN,also what would you recommend doing with the disc's paintwise.

As you can see from thread I can't spell brakes (Sad Isn't It)

Thanks all

Norman:bannana::bannana::bannana:

Last edited:
Gloss Black. Smart but not attracting unwanted attention.

I would paint them that sort of pale gold colour (a la Brembo etc)

Smart and modern , without screaming 'Barry' which painting them red might do ....

I would avoid painting them the same colour as the car ...

Have you got the right bolts for those alloys?????

There is nothing you can do to the discs really as they are in contact with the disc pads so any paint would be rubbed off and would reduce the efficiency of the car's braking too. Calipers ? Well different sports type cars have different colours, check 'google images' out for some ideas.

Big Sean,I am not sure but they were the one's supplied look to long to me though don't you think.

timmy I meant the body not the disc face I know you can't paint the face that the disc's run on.

Thanks for the replies fellas

Norman

Hi Big Sean
Just checked up on the bolts and they are correct for the C-Class they have a 17mm Hex size but I can't see why they need to be that long though.

Norman:cool:

with a car like that i would paint them yellow!

Its not like you dont mind standing out

its hard to say with the colour of your car i would go silver or gloss black

KNU7S Thanks loud isn't it, I only take it out when it gets dark LOL.

Benny thanks it looks like it will be gloss black.

Thanks to all you guys for taking the trouble to help.

Norman

I painted mine gold. Looks really nice. Comes as a laquer based kit from Halfords approx £20. They do a range of colours.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom