Painting Bumpers and Side Skirts

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SomebodyCalledJ

Car
W204 Facelift C250 Estate
Does anyone have a rough idea of what is a decent quote for having the bumpers and side skirts of a 2011 (61 facelift) re-sprayed?

I am due to have all of my metal bodywork panels re-sprayed under warranty, but not the plastic bumpers, as they're not covered. I am worried about the new paint and old paint on the bumpers not matching...

Any experience with this, should I be worried, what are decent costs?

Any help would be extremely appreciated!

If the rest of the car is being painted, a good body shop would possibly only charge the labour for the painting as the parts will already be removed for the repaint and the materials cost would cover the extra paint.
Ps. The bumpers never truly match the body, have a look at yours before it goes in.

Ps. The bumpers never truly match the body...

That seems to me to be true from the factory and applies to most makes of cars with MB no better than anyone else. Presumably they spray the plastic bits separately from the body shell.

Metal and plastic parts carry different amounts of electrostatic charge, when you paint metallic colours the different charge makes the metallic flakes lay differently on the surface causing a slight difference in the look of the colour.
Although the red is not metallic you only need to park under an orange streetlight to see the colour difference.

So I should get the bumpers re-sprayed too or not?

I have a bargaining tool in that I have waited 4 1/2 months from initial contact to approval to do the work, and through this process was lied to a couple of times, which was flagged up... maybe in light of these issues, I should see what kind of large discount they are willing to offer?

Last edited:
Best to get them done at the same time, then you will get the closest colour match.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom