Painting calipers on c63....your experiences?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

turboman

Car
C63 AMG
First mod which I feel is a must on my forthcoming c63 is to paint the calipers red

I've spoken to a friend who owns a body shop and he I'd happy to do it if I have the calipers removed by a garage, which in my book equates to a big of a headache

I've seen a view youtube vids of people painting the calipers straight onto the car and the jobs look quite professional in the vids

Has anyone attempted the job themselves, and if so what were your findings?

Is it abad idea to try painting whilst the calipers are still on the car?

Alternatively can anyone recommend somewhere in West Yorkshire who could take off the calipers and paint and refit, all to a first class standard

Do a search for Sheepy67 - he and Anil did his car and posted the job on here.

I think they look great - one ex member (banned) piped up on Pistonheads saying he thought they were chav - each to their own.

Ha ha, just spotted he posted at #2 in the thread below - more of his typically encouraging stuff :doh:.

Here's mine - option U70:

Last edited:
I saw some the other day in shocking pink with what looked like a Cath Kidstone flower motif.

They were divine!

I think they look great - one ex member (banned) piped up on Pistonheads saying he thought they were chav - each to their own.

Ha ha, just spotted he posted at #2 in the thread below - more of his typically encouraging stuff :doh:.

hahaha

Thanks for the replies guys

Where can you get the original looking AMG decals for which will withstand the heat

Thanks!

Be carefull though.

To do them properly they need stripping, off the car of course.

Pistons and seals removing, cylinder holes masking up, shot blast and degrease, then hi-temp paint coating and curing / baking. Then reassembled (with nice new seals) and putting back on the car.

Then they will look great, and somthing like OE AMG red ones. I've done it several times with motorbike calipers and its the only way IMO.

Sure you can spray them on the car, but they will always look, to anyone that looks closely (i.e. a car fan, and as you have an C63 it will be attracting the eyes of car fans) a bit max-power (IMO of course)

On the car you just can't get in the nooks and crannies, or get them clean enough for a good finish, or keep it off the seals / suspension / etc (or your bodywork)

Last edited:
I agree with Doughboy, it has to be done professionally or it will end up looking like a tin of Hammerite has been used.
I actually quite like the Silver calipers with the AMG decal on.
Why not just save the money and spend it on a Re-Map??

I agree with Doughboy, it has to be done professionally or it will end up looking like a tin of Hammerite has been used.
I actually quite like the Silver calipers with the AMG decal on.
Why not just save the money and spend it on a Re-Map??

Agreed if you dont have the patience and sjill to do it right get someone who has to.

I also like the standard silver, suits the car/19" wheels IMHO.

J.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom