pairing bluetooth cradle problems

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Philboro

Car
2008 e class 220 CDI W211
HI All I have recently bought a Mercedes Benz SAP V2 Bluetooth phone cradle (following some helpful advice from this forum) for my 2008 E Class 220 CDI but I am having trouble pairing my Samsung Galaxy S9.

In theory it sounded simple enough - just turn on the cradle press the telephone key and wait for the cars system to pick up your phone. This it did eventually. Then you press the NUM key to view the 16 digit number which you write down, and after pressing the phone key it sends a request to your phone to enter the confirmation key you have just written down.

This would have worked first time if I had realized it was a 16 digit number and not the 12 digits the screen holds (you have to press the CLR button to let the 4 further digits appear). After some unsuccessful attempts entering 12 digits I realized I needed 16 digits but now when I press the phone key instead of my phone receiving a message to enter the 16 digit number, which I now see, the dashboard just keeps saying "NO SERVICE" and I can go no further. Does anyone have any experience in pairing up on my 2008 E Class as its driving me crazy!

In addition sometimes my phone picks up a "MB Telephone" in its list of available Bluetooth devices, when the cradle is turned on, and asks for a pin to pair and suggests 0000 or 1234 but these don't work and I am not sure if I have to do this first before I follow the above procedure or not. I have also tried entering the 16 digit number here but to no avail (as well as 62872 which is suggested in a few internet sites)

Do I need a software update for my cars system (I think its Audio 20) or am I doing something really stupid?

Any advice gratefully received

Which E class model is it? Presumably if 2008 it is a W211?

If it has the adapter in the armrest then press and hold the button here until it flashes and is in paring mode, ensure your mobile is set to be visible and also set it to look for other devices then enter 62871 and it should pair,

If it has the adapter in the armrest then press and hold the button here until it flashes and is in paring mode, ensure your mobile is set to be visible and also set it to look for other devices then enter 62872 and it should pair,

Fixed that for you - the easy way to remember the code is MBUSA (if you look at the letters on the phone number pad!).

If it has the adapter in the armrest then press and hold the button here until it flashes and is in paring mode, ensure your mobile is set to be visible and also set it to look for other devices then enter 62871 and it should pair,
Well I have just been back in the car and tried the above. It wouldn't pick up the cradle at first but then it did and it did not require any PIN to pair so it shows "Lenovo Cradle" as a paired device. This didn't result in the phone working but I tried pairing again as in the instructions and this time instead of a NO SERVICE message it dialled my phone and I was able to enter the 16 digit code. It now says it has the "MB telephone" as a paired device as well as the "lenovo cradle". It asked for permission to access my SIM which I gave it but unfortunately when I try to dial out I get a "Tel Error" message. So I am further forward but have a different problem. I am wondering if there is some kind of conflict with both the "MB Telephone" and the "Lenovo cradle" being shown as paired devices? Thanks for your help so far anyway guys.

Last edited:
OK, if it's showing "Lenovo Cradle" it sounds like you have the telephone pre-wiring, the UHI connector in the centre arm rest AND a Lenovo specific cradle attached to it, which seems a bit odd as AFAIK Lenovo are laptop people not mobile phone people! I have the telephone pre-wiring and UHI connector in my center arm rest, also have Comand NTG4, used to have an iPhone 4 cradle on the UHI connector back in the day, but have removed that as I now have an Android Samsung Galaxy A10 which connected easily direct to the Comand bluetooth - so maybe you need to remove the Lenovo cradle - do you have Comand? - and allow the phone to connect direct, or buy the correct bluetooth module (there are different ones, you have to get the correct one for your car/system) and pair that way.

OK, if it's showing "Lenovo Cradle" it sounds like you have the telephone pre-wiring, the UHI connector in the centre arm rest AND a Lenovo specific cradle attached to it, which seems a bit odd as AFAIK Lenovo are laptop people not mobile phone people! I have the telephone pre-wiring and UHI connector in my center arm rest, also have Comand NTG4, used to have an iPhone 4 cradle on the UHI connector back in the day, but have removed that as I now have an Android Samsung Galaxy A10 which connected easily direct to the Comand bluetooth - so maybe you need to remove the Lenovo cradle - do you have Comand? - and allow the phone to connect direct, or buy the correct bluetooth module (there are different ones, you have to get the correct one for your car/system) and pair that way.
Thanks that's helpful although I hope it doesn't mean I have bought the wrong Bluetooth module. I was told its a generic one and would work on my car. I'm pretty sure I don't have Comand as there is no connection option without the cradle attached. Would unpairing the Lenovo cradle do any good? This would leave the "MB Telephone" showing as paired but that can only be paired with the Lenovo cradle attached to the centre console.

Call Richard or Alfie at comand.co.uk with your VIN, they know more about MB ICE/phone stuff than most/all MB main dealers!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom