Pakistan polio campaign halted after killings

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
The 'religious police' or mutaween are state funded, and their duties include -

preventing the population from engaging in "frivolous" Western customs such as Valentine's Day.

Not too bad then really.

Surely this so-called 'sect' Wahhabism, is actually the official and established religion of the richest and most powerful Islamic nation, ie Saudi Arabia, and has been since it's founding.

Hardly a 'sect'

Like I said, please do some research if you are genuinely interested.
Islam is over 1400 years old.
Wahabism was founded in the 18th century in what is currently called Saudi Arabia. The country should be Arabia, not Saudi Arabia. Even looking at "the fountain of all knowledge" :rolleyes: Wiki will give you the same response -
Bin wahab and the Saud family together with Hempher, are generally seen as being reponsible for the start of Wahabism, in the 18th century.
From an Islamic viewpoint, Arabia should be looked after by the Hashim or Hashmi clan - not the Saud family.

With regard to the rest of you post, I've just glanced through and not paid that much attention (no disrespect intended, but as they say a "little" knowledge is a dangerous thing).
Drugs and alcohol are not allowed in Islam. The rest of the so called rules you listed were imposed by the Saud family.

Last edited:
You characterised Wahhabism as a 'sect', turns out to be a long established tradition with direct and intimate control over the lives and deaths of many many millions of people around the world, and you, not them, are the tiny irrelevant minority. They are a multi-billion dollar 'boots on the ground' fact, with international clout, and you are just an isolated aspiration.

You characterised Wahhabism as a 'sect', turns out to be a long established tradition with direct and intimate control over the lives and deaths of many many millions of people around the world, and you, not them, are the tiny irrelevant minority. They are a multi-billion dollar 'boots on the ground' fact, with international clout, and you are just an isolated aspiration.

To be fair Balge it would have remained a sect without petrodollars. The clout and export came mostly through support from the west (in the Indian Subcontinent and further up to Afghanistan) to counter the Soviet Influence with little American money.

Currently they are the best supported country in the middle east (from the West) and a bulwark against Iran (enemy of my enemy) but when it runs out of enemies has a nasty habit of financing/indoctrinating and training anti west zealots.

You reap what you saw I guess but when the oil drys up or the world moves to better energy sources it will then be relegated to a dust bowl non fertile land with no useful resources to support a population and hallucinating stories of fairy tales with 42 virgins to export.

Last edited:

If you say so.
I wonder who has been supporting them from the beginning?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom