Pan European Breakdown Cover

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MicB

MB Enthusiast
Car
MB SL500 (R230) 2003, MB SLK320 (R170) 2001, Volvo V70 XC AWD 2001
In the past I have insured with RAC on a trip by trip basis for mainland Europe but for the next twelve months I am going to be outside the UK for enough time to warrant annual cover.

MrsB and I are members of the RAC for UK breakdown cover for any car, driver or passenger, so I had anticipated a reasonable offering for the SL for comprehensive European breakdown cover.

RAC quoted the discounted premium of £209!!!***???

The proof as they say can only be in the pudding but in the event I have taken cover through www.driver guardian.co.uk in the sum of £69 (Europe includes the UK) and could well be turning to them when my UK cover with RAC expires 20 May 2015.

Driver Guardian have been agreeable to deal with and their support network is through Axa.

It could well be too good to be true but of course I hope never to find out for certain.

Anyone else aware of, or taken cover with, Driver Guardian?

Have a look at their website.

Mic

Watching this with interest as I have been looking for cover for a trip I am taking in a weeks time.

Did you get UK and EU cover for £69?

Watching this with interest as I have been looking for cover for a trip I am taking in a weeks time.

Did you get UK and EU cover for £69?

Yes, discounted to their ''members'' premium from the current £79.

Mic

I had looked at them for the 124 but they wont cover cars as old as mine. I have cover through my Nationwide bank account that has no age limit on the car. Its underwritten by Britannia who oddly enough will not cover older vehicles if you go directly to them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom