Pan Roof Blind Rattle

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fatal3rror

Car
C63 AMG/Caterham
Just picked up a C204 C63 over the weekend and loving it so far!

There is a rattle from the panaromic roof though which I would like to get sorted. It seems to come only when the blind has been completely retracted, so I guess it might be the blind rather than the roof itself.

The car is due Service 10 as below:
Service 10 - Every 31,000 miles/3 years (with CODE 413 - Panoramic glass roof with top sliding roof)
Panoramic sliding roof: Clean and Lubricate guide mechanism

Is it worth getting this done and would that solve the rattle? Or is there something else I should try while I sort out the roof service?

Who did you buy the car from?

If it was a dealer take it back to them to sort.

Who did you buy the car from?

If it was a dealer take it back to them to sort.

I did buy it from a dealer (not MB) but they are not very local. Given the issue is quite minor, I don't fancy a long trip for someone to try and fix it. I would rather go somewhere local or try a fix myself to sort out the rattle.

Hi

The pan roof rattle appears to be a bit of a lottery as to whether your car has it or not. My previous C63 never did it , my current one does “intermittently” depending on what mood it’s in ;)

Mine went into MB for the sunroof service before I bought it. Picked it up no rattle. Next drive I had it , next drive I didn’t etc. I’ve opted for opening it and listening to the exhaust and not worrying about it :D

As you’re in Leeds I’m sure we will meet up at some point check out the Events Forum for stuff “Up North” :thumb:

Andy

Can’t say mine does this, but ensure MB actually bother to clean and regrease the roof. Mine has FMBSH and had problems closing mine recently so decided to clean and lube the runners, it looked like they hadn’t been done in a long while

If you DIY (it’s good to do it yourself between due services) wear gloves, the edges at the front are deadly sharp. Ask how I know :D

Tasc SP1 is a good lube for DIY

So, I serviced it over the weekend with Tasc SP1. No rattle for a day and then it came back!

Andy - I think I might follow your advice. See you around soon!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom