Panamericana grill S63 AMG Coupe (C217) Part 2

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

chic0821

MB Enthusiast
Car
S63 AMG Coupe, Range Rover Sport, 992 Porsche Carrera 4S
Bit of an update. After searching in vain for an S63 Panamericana grille, I decided to stop looking, but after a while resumed the search. Only place left was China, so after a good search, found a company who said they could supply one. Being sceptical, asking if they were sure it would fit, they sent me pics of the S63 grille with the emphasis being on the fixings. They also sent pics of the S500 grille showing different fixings. After thinking about it for a few days, decided to take the plunge, what’s the worst that can happen (it won’t fit). Anyway, bought it, was told it would take about 3 weeks delivery which was fine by me. But after a week, it had not been picked up by the carrier, so not best pleased & let them know that. Must say their response to everything from email & whatsapp was first class even for the 8 hour time difference (they must have been answering at stupid o’clock).
Carrier picked it up & 2 days later it was delivered. Unbelievable delivery. Very well packaged. & it looked well made.
First job was to add mesh behind it as it was recommended on lots of youtube vids as you can see into the radiators, plus the mesh prevents foreign objects from damaging the rads. I decided to use a plastic mesh rather than metal, which was purchase from Ebay. Made a paper template then cut out the mesh. Used a 2 part epoxy to hold it on & very happy with the result. They also sent me an AMG badge foc, which was also glued on.
As I have a bad back & too old to be rolling about on the floor, a friend of mine who owns a garage said he would help me fitting it & we can use one of the lifts. He is pretty busy just now so it may be a week or so before it happens. Will update then.

Attachments

• s63 grille larger.jpg
    s63 grille larger.jpg
    345.5 KB · Views: 22
  • grille with mesh.jpg
    grille with mesh.jpg
    964.7 KB · Views: 20
  • grille.jpg
    grille.jpg
    592.9 KB · Views: 20
Will await the results - I too would like to do the same modification. The wife says no - but I know I should. Let me know the supplier, once fitted as I too see many adverts for such an option.

Will await the results - I too would like to do the same modification. The wife says no - but I know I should. Let me know the supplier, once fitted as I too see many adverts for such an option.
Did not want to give out supplier just now as it may or may not fit. Every place I looked previously at the end of the day admitted it was not for S63 AMG Coupe, so going in to it with eyes open.
The box labelling said S63 AMG Coupe so looks like they supply more than one model. Will update when more info available.

Great, I look forward to the update.

Any update on this @chic0821? I am wanting to potentially source one for a different model MB but was for the quality of fitment.

Sorry, not done yet. Major family issues have put this to the back of my mind.

No need to apologise, hope whatever they are, you can resolve them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom