Panamericana grille question for C63S

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mark_le_b

Car
2006 W211 E63 AMG
Evening all.

Are these grilles a DIY fit to a C63S? I've just bought a 2015 model.

I was particularly looking at the one below - unless anybody else has recommendations for the best quality/fit?

Thanks.

John Welham. This is a new sideline of his Bentley grills business. The grills are first class, but they take some fitting. As said, it’s bumper off, and lots of shark-tooth clips. If you are brave, DIY. If not so confident get someone who’s done one to help. John is a top bloke. If you have questions, ask him. He’s very approachable

I’m also looking to do this. I contacted the people in the remove before race video to get a quote. Will let you know

Evening all.

Are these grilles a DIY fit to a C63S? I've just bought a 2015 model.

I was particularly looking at the one below - unless anybody else has recommendations for the best quality/fit?

Thanks.
Congrats on the upgrade from the E63:thumb:
We need photos;)

Do you get to drive on the UK mainland a lot as I'm sure an island max speed limit of 40mph is killing the fun of owning an AMG?

John supplied mine…

4-A8-B19-C9-54-E9-4-E5-A-AC4-D-21-A67-C5961-E4.jpg

When I changed mine to a diamond grill my local MB bodyshop charged 2 hrs labour @ £40 hour (IIRC). It was just after the first lockdown so it was a quiet time for them and looking for work.

I also got mine from Bentley Grilles. As it’s a bumper off job I got a local bodyshop to fit mine, cost £100.

Congrats on the upgrade from the E63:thumb:
We need photos;)

Do you get to drive on the UK mainland a lot as I'm sure an island max speed limit of 40mph is killing the fun of owning an AMG?

Was sad to see the E63 go, but omg this one is mental! Hoping to get a trip to France in the summer. Only down side so far is that I find tyres noisy compared to the E class

John Welham. This is a new sideline of his Bentley grills business. The grills are first class, but they take some fitting. As said, it’s bumper off, and lots of shark-tooth clips. If you are brave, DIY. If not so confident get someone who’s done one to help. John is a top bloke. If you have questions, ask him. He’s very approachable

I’ll ask my friendly body shop to do it when I go ahead I think. Don’t trust my diy skills!

Looks great and lovely colour. Mines white. As soon as we get some decent weather I’ll clean it and take photos!
Fit and finish of the new grill is spot on. The AMG badge is a genuine MB part, and comes with the grill. Fits perfectly

Got mine from Bentley Grills too. Great product. Fitted it myself on the drive - took around 2.5 hours. Not that bad.
See Jim Green’s thread called C63 Panamericana Grill Fitted for good info.

Last edited:
Congratulations on your new car. Any pics of the new ride.

Sorry can't help with your grill question.

How long did you own your E63 out of curiosity. Surley your going to mis that amazing floating on a cloud ride lol. And that thirsty monster under the hood😉

Just see your post #13 regarding pics

I am also thinking about the grill ,Bentley grills are £199 which includes the AMG badge 😋

Congratulations on your new car. Any pics of the new ride.

Sorry can't help with your grill question.

How long did you own your E63 out of curiosity. Surley your going to mis that amazing floating on a cloud ride lol. And that thirsty monster under the hood😉

Just see your post #13 regarding pics

No pics yet - weather not been good enough to get it cleaned!

Had the E63 longer than I've ever owned any car - just over 2 years.

This one is different for sure (ride wise) - and no thoughts yet on how thirsty this one will be - that doesn't worry me, but I don;t see it being frugal :)

I am also thinking about the grill ,Bentley grills are £199 which includes the AMG badge 😋

That seems like a bit of a bargain to me - but there will also be a fitting cost as I doubt I'd tackle it myself

Fitted one from the same company to my R231. Excellent quality and fitted it myself, not difficult but I found it time consuming as I'm getting too old to crawl around on the floor anymore.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom