Panamericana grille started.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ToeKnee

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
R230 SL500 in teal blue, R231 SL500 in black. (Vauxhall insignia diesel now sold) Black Ford Mondeo
Started the grille change today and took the wheels off at the same time for a refurb and colour change. Got to this point just as it started to throw it down. Wasn't too difficult just time consuming plus I'm not used to crawling around on the floor anymore so lots of grunting going on. I'll get the grille changed tomorrow and hopefully get the bumper back on on Wednesday. Wheels should be ready on Thursday. 20210523_150808_resized_1.jpg

It took a while to get the old grille out, wis says to just use a long wedge! Really needed three hands but it came out eventually, similarly getting the new grille in was equally as difficult getting the clips to snap closed. All done though, pictures to follow tomorrow.

I also decided to fit some black aluminium mesh, cut it to size whilst ruining my fingers, used cable ties to hold it in position then hot glue to fix it. Once it's fully set I'll remove the cable ties and hopefully the hot glue will hold.

Bumper back on, not going to post pictures yet, going to open a hosting site first to save this sites bandwidth. Also still waiting for the wheels which should be ready today. Pictures will be here later today.

Hope this picture thing works, the original grille

The new grille, still waiting on the wheels to come back from colour change.
20210527-131904.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
top job , looks the nuts, updates the front nicely

That really looks great, in my opinion it both suits and updates the look and makes the car stand out.
Thanks for your advice and I’ll post up my pics once I’ve done the job - although first I’ve to collect her!😳

The grill looks great, thinking of changing the front grill to my new car a C class estate E350 2017 to make it look a bit nicer. Where did you get the grill ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom