Panaramic roof

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ridla1954

Car
Mercedes c180 coupe
I have a c180 and the roof has started to stick when opening. Has anyone else had this problem and what can i do to fix it?

A cheap fix might be Halfords rubber seal silicon spray if the rubbers are dry and sticking.
Better still is
Krytox rubber lubricant but its expensive.

Gummi Pflege

413lyBnFvgL._AC_.jpg

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B007TNOQDI/?tag=amazon0e9db-21

That said MB do have a lube specifically for the roof..

Ridlar1954.

If your pano roof is same as mine, Code 413, then this attachment may help.
The cleaning compound and lube is available at the dealers....
Special sliding roof sliding compound A 001 989 50 51 and Lubricant 001 989 14 51.

I didn't use the Merc kit and it siezed open a few weeks ago!!
Let me know if this helps.

Attachments

• Pano Roof clean and lube guide mech.pdf
    201.3 KB · Views: 13
Gummi for the rubber, but you want tasc sp1 for the tails. Clean out all the old crap, and then re-grease. Mine didn’t work at all at the beginning of the year, really struggled to open and close. I re-applied the lube and once the weather started getting better it started working great

N.B- be careful, the rail ends at the front end of the car are razor sharp!

Definitely do NOT use WD40. A common mistake is to assume it lubricates. Take it to the dealer/garage who serviced your car and ask if they can take care of it - it should be part of the service schedule.

Is there a guide on how and where to lubricate sunroof mechanism. My dealer made right mess with their yellow grease and sunroof still clicks and judders sometimes

Definitely do NOT use WD40. A common mistake is to assume it lubricates. Take it to the dealer/garage who serviced your car and ask if they can take care of it - it should be part of the service schedule.

As above, if you have a panoramic roof, greasing the rails is part of the servicing schedule.

A cheap fix might be Halfords rubber seal silicon spray if the rubbers are dry and sticking.
Better still is
Krytox rubber lubricant but its expensive.
Cheaper than new seals.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom