Panasonic 50" Plasma question

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BenzComander

MB Enthusiast
Car
E320 Avantgarde Estate
Does anybody have one of these

Is it good value for the spec, or is there another TV we should be looking at.

Will be used for watching sport, films and kids programmes:D

Advice appreciated!

Does anybody have one of these

Is it good value for the spec, or is there another TV we should be looking at.

Will be used for watching sport, films and kids programmes:D

Advice appreciated!

I'm no expert...but that's about what I paid for the Panny 40" about 18mths ago.....that's a good screen....but I suspect that the 50" will be awesome....me...I'd go for it :bannana:

Look at the Pioneer models as well.
(Both are at the top of the 50" tree)

N.:)

You'll need a really big room to watch that - how close will be the viewers?

Colin.

You'll need a really big room to watch that - how close will be the viewers?

Colin.

Thanks everybody, our front room is about 18' x 18'

Not sure if this is a current model, as could not find it on the Panasonic website. Still, spec looks good, need to find somewhere local to take a look at the picture.

18x18 will be fine, ours is 15x12 and we're using a 42 (3 yr old LG plasma) - next TV is likely to be a 50 or bigger, will go 1080 when the format wars eventually sort out...

18x18 will be fine, ours is 15x12 and we're using a 42 (3 yr old LG plasma) - next TV is likely to be a 50 or bigger, will go 1080 when the format wars eventually sort out...

Yes, did consider 1080, but for the extra money I dont think it is worth it just yet.

I think this TV will be good for 3-5 years yet.

Yes, did consider 1080, but for the extra money I dont think it is worth it just yet.

I think this TV will be good for 3-5 years yet.

Indeed - and I'm hoping my LG will last another 2-3... Couldn't go back to a CRT telly now though.

I have the Pioneer 507 50" and am most impressed.

If you have Sky HD then watch Inside the Space Station on Discovery HD. It is mind blowing.

Good luck with your decision,
John

I have the Panasonic 42 and a friend has bought the 50. Both are good, however I would rate the Pioneers as a little better.

Don't forget that plasma TVs use a lot of power (I am sure you can afford it) and also generate a lot of heat.

An LCD TV would be an option. They use much less power and (arguably) offer a much crisper picture. But they don't yet come in 50 inch as far as I know.

Don't forget that plasma TVs use a lot of power (I am sure you can afford it) and also generate a lot of heat.

An LCD TV would be an option. They use much less power and (arguably) offer a much crisper picture. But they don't yet come in 50 inch as far as I know.

They do come in 50" but the CDM and contrast ratio is nowhere near as good as plasma

That is surely a complete bargain!!!

Anybody had any bother with a Samsung Plasma?

No. LCD TVs use more power in real use than plasma for same brightness and size with real video content. Plasma screens use power to make light, LCDs make light all time and use power to block it off.

What ever you do you must take out a 5 year Guarantee, any fault with the scanning chips and it is scrap. I do not endorse 5 year service contracts normally but you do need it on this purchase

No. LCD TVs use more power in real use than plasma for same brightness and size with real video content. Plasma screens use power to make light, LCDs make light all time and use power to block it off.

Far too complicated to go into here, LCD have back light circuits, this part is the number one reason for the picture to go out, though replacement inverter panels are now freely available

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom