Panel/Door Light Ding Removal

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gurpz

Administrator
Staff member
Car
C230K Sport & CLS500
Some stupid vandal has made some light dings in the driver side rear door. There fairly light dings but visable, any one have any knowledge on how to remove if possible ?
Thanks

You will be amazed at what the likes of Dent Devils can get out of a door skin.

They charge per panel, so even if you have one door skin with one dink or seven, you should be charged the same price.

Its a mobile service so they come out to you.

Thanks for that information Vlad much appreciated thing is they seem to charge a fair bit to much i have to end up paying a small fortune my dings are over 3-4 panels spread, if im going to pay someone to repair mine it would need to be slightly cheaper

I came accross this kit any one used it and is it effective:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/DING-KING-CAR...1QQihZ017QQcategoryZ72203QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Any other suggestions and ideas welcome

Any other suggestions and ideas welcome

Chips Away and Dent Devil attend car shows and demonstrate what they can do - perhaps you could "voulnteer/loan" them your car...;)

I know that Chips Away actually hire cars for such shows and scratch them and carry out the smart repair (s) live at such shows/events.

I know that Chips Away actually hire cars for such shows and scratch them and carry out the smart repair (s) live at such shows/events.
That's awful. If they're that confident in their abilities, why not do it to their own cars??!!

Talking of chips away i had them sort out some bumper scuffs i had, they did a fair job but i dont think they pull or push dings and dents they fill them which is not good ? (This is what i was told by one of thier people recently)

I've got some chips that I need sorting, the problem I've found is that they're a franchise so there are some great stories and some horror stories about them.

Unless anyone can recommend someone either in the North West or in Yorkshire that is good at chip repair?

Some stupid vandal has made some light dings in the driver side rear door. There fairly light dings but visable, any one have any knowledge on how to remove if possible ?
Thanks

A few weeks back didnt someone post a method of popping out the ding with dry ice. It is on YouTube.

miro thanks for that im presuming you are talking about this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4rIKo6241vg&mode=related&search=

Allthough it works in that video i would be a bit scared on damaging the paint and where could you get dry ice from ?

The paint is already damaged by whatever caused the ding.

Dry ice is generally found in the bottom of ice-cream freezers at the local supermarket or corner store. You will need gloves but I think the idea is to take a tennis ball sized chunk and shape it to a point.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom