Panels verdict on this item?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I always think that if these things are any good they would have been used originally. *Shrug*

Didn't oldtime Arthur Daley types put sawdust in gearboxes? This sounds like the modern version :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Bloke i have worked with for years built a fwd sierra 4 door and stuck the lucas oils in the diffs and swore by it, he reckoned it even made the car easier to push!

I tried the diff oils in my discovery never noticed any difference but it always had syn oil anyway.

Landrovers always had manual gearbox troubles, good place for oils is the difflock site they have their own online shop, not cheap but i can vouch for the R380 gearbox oil very very good.

I did try some of their pas stop leak in a scania 4 series years ago to put of buying a pas box and it actually worked for a while anyway! not forgetting they were doing 2000 kms a week.

Lynall

Didn't oldtime Arthur Daley types put sawdust in gearboxes? This sounds like the modern version :rolleyes:
If diff was noisy we used to use EP 140 oil. Original use was for worm and pinion diffs in HGV's. OK until oil got hot and ended up like cat wee, car sold by that time and no comeback in those days unless you came back with a baseball bat.
smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom