Panic Attacks.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dog68

Car
Mercedes s500
Anyone else suffer the same? i dont seem to be able to go anywhere lately. :(

Sorry to hear this Dogs.

I'm sure you have been to your doctor, if not make a New years Resolution to go see him/her. I'm no expert on this but I'm sure your doctor will be able to help.

As someone once said to me. The mind is a dangerous place. Do not go in there alone.

Hi Dog68,

I can tell you that 10 years ago I used to be suffer terribly with panic attacks (something I would NEVER admit in public at that time) and eventually found the cure - forever.

If you buy the books by Dr Claire Weekes you'll be well on the way to recovery.

Basically, the secret is not to fight the attacks (this causes more tension and fuels the fire) and face them head on. I know this is not easy, but it is SIMPLE.

Look back at all the previous panic attacks and ask yourself "What Happened"? The answer of course, is nothing!

I know the attacks are truly awful but they are beatable, I promise you that.

Best of luck.

Paul.

Used to get them sometimes and at random. They set-off hyperventilation. My doc showed me how to breath in and out from a polybag for a few breaths. Sorted. :thumb:

Only had one once, it was like my chest started to ache and I fell on the ground. I was round the girl friends at the time, it was frightening and she was no good about it all.

I'd personally see the doctor, it could be stress or trauma related or an underlying medical issue.

Only had one once, it was like my chest started to ache and I fell on the ground. I was round the girl friends at the time, it was frightening and she was no good about it all.

Only because you woke up and found her at your dinner. :eek:

st4bird.jpg

I do not mind when my ex ate my sausage....

This is a family forum....:D:D:D:D

On a serious note - Panic attacks are a throw back to basic human nature - fight or flight. They are caused by adrenaline. It feels as though the attack wont stop and this causes panic which causes more adrenaline to be released causing more panic. You have to realise that they will not kill you - it is a case of relaxing and letting the adrenaline levels reduce. Once you realise that they are not life threatening, that they will subside - it is as Paul (Ringway) said a matter of facing them head on and learning relaxation.

Last edited:
Only had one Panic attack and that was around this time of year, six years ago. I was in hospital with a double pneumonia, i just found myself unable to breathe for about 10 seconds despite being on oxygen and just went to pieces, what made it worse was my sister walking in whilst it was happening and upsetting her greatly, i hope you find a way to control them it can't be pleasant trying to live with them.

Very frightening, my wife had one earlier this year..ambulance in attendance very cool calm & collected...told her what to do & how to tack back control look up on google (where else?) learn to recognise the on coming symptoms so you can compose yourself to either endure what you will now know what will happen or who to avoid the onset. Good Luck !

Christmas is a very stressful time of year for many people as it tends to highlight any problems they may have. You may be suffering from a form of agoraphobia Agoraphobia which is a lot more common than people think. The good news is that the condition is perfectly treatable. The key is getting in touch with good professional help. This may or may not be your GP. Some are very good and will put you in contact with support groups, get you referred for some cognitive therapy etc.. Others will merely prescribe antidepressants/antianxiety drugs. These indeed have a place to play but NOT alone. If after visiting your GP you don't feel you have been offered enough support ask the practice manager if there is a particular GP in the practice who takes an interest in problems like agoraphobia and try them instead. There are people out there who can help---- what you must do is to find them. If you are feeling particularly desperate don't hesitate to phone a helpline such as the Samaritans---- they do Email too. :thumb:Samaritans Home Page-->

Hi Dog,

We have some big stuff going on in the family at the moment and 3 weeks ago my mother had her first episode, this left her unable to leave the house as she feared anther in public, and this fear brought on others!

GP was fantasic, came out to the house and provided a short course of pills and she's now back on track.

You dont have to live with it, please speak with your GP.

Simon

Thank you for all the replies, i have taken note, you see, the thing that started me having problems, was when i lost my daughter, she would have been 12 yrs now, and every year, i just get worse.

Thank you for all the replies, i have taken note, you see, the thing that started me having problems, was when i lost my daughter, she would have been 12 yrs now, and every year, i just get worse.

The results of his tests came in yesteray and my 4 year old nephew is having his last Christmas with us now due to cancer, raised him as my own for the his first three, know what your going through mate, truly.

Live on with the strengh of those close to you, one day at a time.

Last edited:
Im sorry to hear, thats terrible, i lost my dad to bowel cancer last september, i do hope there is a cure some day. :(

The results of his tests came in yesteray and my 4 year old nephew is having his last Christmas with us now due to cancer, raised him as my own for the his first three, know what your going through mate, truly.

Live on with the strengh of those close to you, one day at a time.

I am really sorry to hear this...

Its so tragic, especially when its the young.

God, this is really sad guys, so sorry for your pain.

On the note of panic attacks i used to suffer, went for years of ruining my daily life until I found the Claire Weekes book also, get it on Amazon. That got me back on track, then the Linden Method kept me on track (search google), and in particular regular relaxation did the trick. Havnt suffered for years now but I do relaxation when I feel I'm buckling under strains of life.

The above book has sorted out 3 of my mates/mates family members aswell, it tells you why you are having adrenalin rushes and how to deal with them, it's so easy with the above tools. I know how you feel, it's without a doubt the worst feeling in the world and it's so common. Good on you for coming out with it. Ask your GP if there are any local support groups and get some meds if required, nothing to be ashamed of, better than struggling.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom