Panorama. It shouldn't happen at a Vet's.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ringway

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
2017 Audi RS6 Avant Performance Edition. Range Rover Supercharged - Lovely!
LINK to the latest edition of Panorama on iPlayer.

Sickening. :mad:

Terrible stuff, but was glad to see faces and names given out too.

I had a tingling rage whilst watching that programme. I found the blase' attitude of some of the staff towards distressed animals very uncomfortable viewing.

heard about this at work today. think i'll watch it on iplayer tonight

I had a tingling rage whilst watching that programme. I found the blase' attitude of some of the staff towards distressed animals very uncomfortable viewing.

My sentiments exactly.

MEDIVET refused to be interviewed but managed to twist a lot of their "answers" much to my annoyance.

We've recently lost another dog who was poorly for some months and the thought of her being badly treated is horrifying. I do trust our Vet to care for our animals properly though.

I too agree entirely, i was fuming by the end of it. Our long haired german shepherd has been looked after by Medivet in Kingston for 8 years - the vet we see there seems great, very caring and i think she has done a good job. We are insured though, if not we would have been in for at least £15k worth of bills in the same time (they certainly do take the p***).

What do you think i should do now though? Should i talk to the vet about what they are going to do now that the Company name is trashed? I am now worried but don't know what to do for the best? I have no reason to change vet other than seeing the programme.

i can't watch stuff like that, it makes me too angry. my old man watched a film called the cove, about dolphins being killed, made my skin crawl when he was talking about it.

The Cove Movie: Welcome

i don't think i'd be able to watch that, i'd have my german shepherd puppy cuddled in on one side and the cat on my legs.... and i'd STILL get upset.

luckily our local vet is a small business and he's a good lad to boot... i'd go to prison if anyone did anything to my animals.

I too agree entirely, i was fuming by the end of it. Our long haired german shepherd has been looked after by Medivet in Kingston for 8 years - the vet we see there seems great, very caring and i think she has done a good job. We are insured though, if not we would have been in for at least £15k worth of bills in the same time (they certainly do take the p***).

What do you think i should do now though? Should i talk to the vet about what they are going to do now that the Company name is trashed? I am now worried but don't know what to do for the best? I have no reason to change vet other than seeing the programme.

I've thought about this Greg and can't think what you should do.
You Vet may well be a competant caring professional who just happens to work for MEDIVET.

Personally, I would move the dog to another practice but you could jump out of the fat and into the fire..

Best of luck. :thumb:

I would actually suggest the opposite. If you trust the individual person, then this is more important than whether you trust the company as a whole, in my view.

In fact, now that programme has been aired, you may find this company's people trying a bit harder from now on.

I only watched 15 mins then switched off, too annoying.

I suspect a lot of pet insurers may decline Medivet invoices from now on - that would be a major concern.

I would actually suggest the opposite. If you trust the individual person, then this is more important than whether you trust the company as a whole, in my view.

In fact, now that programme has been aired, you may find this company's people trying a bit harder from now on.

Thanks, i'm leaning toward this opinion aswell now as i trust the actual vet 100%, BUT do i trust the people behind the scenes in the surgery? The vet obviously doesn't do everything herself if my dog has to stay in for something. I think i'll talk to her about it next time i'm in and then make a decision.

Thanks for all comments,

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom