Panoramic or not???

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bbw_babe

Hi there...

Well seems I have livened up the introductions forum so I thought I would put my mark on this forum too :bannana:

I am trying to decide if I want to go with the panoramic roof or not on a SL55..... I really can't decide if I like them or not... Will it add or detract anything from the actual car?
Just as a bit of background the only Merc we have had before is an 08 ML 320 Sport.... I want to make sure I make the right choices.....

The same with colours... do I be predictable and go with the silver??
I don't want a black one as we have had so many, and I am certainly going to avoid "death blue" (no idea what the correct name for it is). However, the idea of silver does appeal but I do like to stand out in the crowd... I have seen a really nice "bluey silver" but I have no idea what the colour is called and don't want to walk back into the showroom and ask for "bluey silver" .... I might be female but I do have standards! :p

Hi BBs,
Definitely go for the panoramic- worth it & will be easier to sell on too(if you decide to). Makes the cabin a nicer place!

imho silver= a bit boring

I believe the colour is 'Tellurite Silver'?

Silver isn't boring - it's classic M-B. Black is boring - as are all the other dark, gloomy colours which seem to appeal so much to ze Tchermans....

If I was in the market for a used SL, a panoramic roof and no walnut wood interior would be essential criteria!

I would go for a panoramic all the time , My mate has an SL with the panoramic and it looks amazing.

I have one on my lowly c class coupe but i love it. Really makes the interior brighter.

they really add something to the interior, id would definatley have it.

I think its a marmite thing and its up to you. The interior of a R230 SL is quite bright anyway. Some people like to see the rain, others would prefer to be a bit more cosy on a rainy day. If its not raining then the roof is down anyway!

I believe that there is a sunshade with the pano roof and that it reduces head room a bit...go check in all configurations:)

As far as the colour is concerned, while Silver is rather standard it does have the benefit of not showing the dirt so much as a darker colour. At the SL meet at Sandringham recently there war a stunning Maroon/metalic red SL that Id never seen before.

The problem is that there is not much choice if buying second hand apart from black and silver; if you are buying new ( lucky girl!) then ask to see all the colours on the car first even if it means a bit of travel.

Last edited:
It's a must-have. Makes the interior much brighter and will help resale.

Silver shows the curves better. My CLK had the AMG bodykit and alloys and silver showed it up so much better than other colours (in my opinion anyway!).

Pano is a MUST on my list well. Thinking of selling my E280 Sport and get another one with pano roof.
Silver is nice, black is now way too common. And yeah, no walnut trim ! :)

Pano is a MUST on my list well. Thinking of selling my E280 Sport and get another one with pano roof.
Silver is nice, black is now way too common. And yeah, no walnut trim ! :)

Yes..but the OP is talking about an SL..it already has the best roof in the world ona sunny day!:)

Saloons do ,I agree, benefit from a Pano just because its a saloon;)

Hi guys,
Many, many thanks for your replies.
Unfortunately, Keri, (bbw_babe) is currently in hospital so is unable to reply.
I am sure she will thank you all for your comments upon her release.
Kind regards,
Richard.

Must got for Panoramic, not many car have that extra and is a super extra to have, black with a leather beige interor, give it a real classy look, have a look at my pics and spec of car, it's not the real amg but stands out

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom