Panoramic roof operation

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mikesmith29

SUPPORTER
Car
2019 C200 Estate
I spoke to Mercedes customer service with regards to the operation of the panoramic roof.
You can open and close it at speeds up to 30mph 50kph.
Once open no speed restrictions.
I asked this question as mine went out of adjustment and needed a visit to Mercedes to be put right, fortunately under warranty.
I hope this is helpful.

I spoke to Mercedes customer service with regards to the operation of the panoramic roof.
You can open and close it at speeds up to 30mph 50kph.
Once open no speed restrictions.
I asked this question as mine went out of adjustment and needed a visit to Mercedes to be put right, fortunately under warranty.
I hope this is helpful.
Which car is this? Our panoramic roof can be opened and closed at any speed. Even the convertible can be opened/closed at up to 30 mph or 50 km/h

I wasn't aware that there was a speed restriction on opening/closing the panoramic roof. Will try opening it tomorrow above 30mph and see what happens (though I think I've done that before to be honest).

I wasn't aware that there was a speed restriction on opening/closing the panoramic roof. Will try opening it tomorrow above 30mph and see what happens (though I think I've done that before to be honest).
I’ve opened and closed them at motorway speeds. Perhaps Something has changed.

Just tried opening the panoramic roof at 70mph, no problem at all. So that's on a 2016 S205 C250d Premium Plus AMG Line model as per my avatar.

Just tried opening the panoramic roof at 70mph, no problem at all. So that's on a 2016 S205 C250d Premium Plus AMG Line model as per my avatar.
Similar for me in my Nov 2016 s205 C250d premium plus AMG line

Same here, 2015 E350 Premium Plus, pretty sure I have opened and closed my sunroof at speeds well above 30mph.

I have a 2016 S205. No problems Fully opening or closing at any speed. Have opened and closed at 80mph on the continent no problem.
when you have the roof on tilt you can hear its motor lowering the rear edge a little at about 50mph to reduce drag so when you pull away the roof is fully tilted as you accelerate I’d drops down a little and if you slow below 50mph it lifts to the full up position. A rather neat feature. The roof will also go to tilt from fully open if rains or you leave the car parked with it open for more than 3 hours. The close to tilt does not always keep heavy rain out if your parked on a steep incline that would allow water to flow back into the opening. As for closing when driving I am sure it works but have always chickened out of the full test as my head gets wet before any sign of closing.
another handy feature Is tunnel mode: press the aircon recycle Button when you go into a tunnel the roof closes, press again on exit and it returns to the mode before you went into the tunnel.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom