Panoramic roof servicing

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Funkyboy

Car
E class
Serviced my panoramic roof but not sure I've done it right. I bought the mercedes paste listed on here. Cleaned the rails and regreased. Closed fine but stopped halfway when tried to open. Redone everything again seems to be working now but I've convinced myself it's making a different noise when opening. The service pictures aren't clear which bit of rail needs coating. Anyone done it themselves and offer some advice?
Thanks

Serviced my panoramic roof but not sure I've done it right. I bought the mercedes paste listed on here. Cleaned the rails and regreased. Closed fine but stopped halfway when tried to open. Redone everything again seems to be working now but I've convinced myself it's making a different noise when opening. The service pictures aren't clear which bit of rail needs coating. Anyone done it themselves and offer some advice?
Thanks
Hope this helps (for S Class W221)

pano roof2.jpg0002.jpg

Thanks
My experience (E63 S212) is that the Mercedes grease doesn't solve my sunroof sticking issues. Spraying silicon lubricant on the runners did, however, and I'll be doing this again this weekend as the roof is a little slow opening.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom