Panoramic sunroof water inside

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Lucibv

Car
E class w213
Hi everyone.i have a Mercedes E220 2107 estate with panoramic sunroof and noticed that have water (condensation) inside of the car. Dose anyone have this problem with the panoramic sunroof. I have a lot of water (condensation) inside the car and at the back how you can see is right at the edge seal like the water is coming inside. This is something know by Mercedes??
Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_20210108_114749.jpg
    IMG_20210108_114749.jpg
    1,009.6 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_20210108_114628.jpg
    IMG_20210108_114628.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 9
I expect you have a leak elsewhere in the car and its condensating on the roof. If you dry it out does it come back?

I expect you have a small water leak somewhere.

When you said water leak in the car you mean sunroof???

Just check your floor carpets to see if they are damp,
You may need to clear your blocked drains

kc

Just checked the carpet and the driver side at the acceleration is socked wet.. what need to be done?? Apart from dry the carpet

Hi
sorry I cannot help you with your w213 model , there are probably little drain holes that easily block in the channel around the edge of the sunroof, around the edge of the windscreen (have you had a new windscreen lately? it may have been incorrectly fitted??) possibly drains on the engine bulkhead, fresh air intakes etc. They may have a leaf or other debris blocking the top of the drain, you may even see a puddle of water by the drain, a quick poke with a piece of wire normally clears them or picking out the leaves.
there may also be drain holes at the base of the rear screen that block and then cause your boot to flood

Sorry i cannot be more helpful
kc

No new windscreen fitted. I going to check all the drains that you said . Thanks 👍

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom