Pants - My Fault

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

comports

Car
CLK 350 Cabriolet
Me again,

I've messed up. I just registered a domain name for someone and spelt the damn name wrongly but only after it went through. Can I do a dns amend on the name or something. I bought it for him for 54 years as well so it's gonna cost me if I can't. I used 'le' instead of 'la' in a french name and he's gonna be mad at me..!!!

HELP..!!!

Speak to the registration company, they might be able to get it released and then then you could buy the proper one.

Me again,

I've messed up. I just registered a domain name for someone and spelt the damn name wrongly but only after it went through. Can I do a dns amend on the name or something. I bought it for him for 54 years as well so it's gonna cost me if I can't. I used 'le' instead of 'la' in a french name and he's gonna be mad at me..!!!

HELP..!!!
Get straight onto the registrars customer services/helpline and explain - they may be able to do something.

Edit: Beaten to it by DM - spent too long trying to think of a witty comment about her not being happy.

And register proper one ASAP as it is still available!
It is easier to transfer a domain than buy from someone!

Cheers
Chris

OK Should I just buy the one I want and work out the other one later. Do they cancel the old and register a new or do they amend existing one if I went via the support desk...??

THis is a real problem. I want to sort it urgently but can't a contact number just a silly email too support. It's with 123-reg... Why is no-one around to call when you need them. Silly me, that's why they are cheap..!

Is domain name registration is governed by distance selling.? If so you should be able to back out.

What's the T&C's on the website.?

Hi Comports ...

I host Teddington Lock with 123 , their contact number is :-

0871 230 9525 9am - 7pm Monday to Friday.
Calls cost 10p per minute from a BT landline.

They are pretty useless though.

HTH

H

You could just buy the correct name and just set up the incorrect name to direct towards the correct one .... people are always bound to type 'le' instead of 'la' and vice versa , you could work it to your advantage by covering both bases ....

Hey - Thanks Howard.

I've sent them and GX Networks (parent company) emails but would much prefer to phone someone to sort this out. Their T&C's state all misspellings should be notified within 24 hours. Mine took 3 hours to let them know so Lets hope they'll help me out.

Thanks Again.
Ash

Hi!

Sorry, but you should buy domain ASAP. I would recommend TELIVO.COM (really cheap guys, full control no problems when moving out!)

Buy now and don't bother about old domain :)

Cheers
Chris

Thanks all.

Done and redirecte dthe old one too to cover spelling mistakes. If i get it cancelled all the better. If not it's cost me £50 and I learnt a lesson.

Ash

Thanks all.

Done and redirecte dthe old one too to cover spelling mistakes. If i get it cancelled all the better. If not it's cost me £50 and I learnt a lesson.

Ash

Is it easy to make that mistake?
Let say gooel ? or bmclub? If so then you can always say: "Look, I've bought that domain too, so even people who don't know how to spell, will get to you! Trust me, people spell terribly wrong!!!"

Cheers
Chris

btw.. £50 for domain??? Is it a special domain?

I guess it's easy if you're me or if you don't speak french. In reality my customer sent me both versions over the last few months and I forgot which was the correct one. I should have checked first so my fault really.

The domain is www.lamaisonrentals.com and I registered www.lemaisonrentals.com first. (lemaison instead of lamaison) I think it's something to do with male vs female for a house...??

It's not a special domain but they wanted to register it for 5 years so it does not need renewing every year. hense the cost.

Just a thought ..

doesnt it make sense to own both.. so if someone puts le instead of la it can auto redirect.....

You could just buy the correct name and just set up the incorrect name to direct towards the correct one .... people are always bound to type 'le' instead of 'la' and vice versa , you could work it to your advantage by covering both bases ....

;)

Opps that what comes with skimming through the posts...:eek: :eek:

You dozy clot...:rolleyes: ;) :p

Look at the copywrite notice...;)

You know there's always someone nit picking in my ear... (although it's usually the wife..!)

I know already... It's because the site was originally le and the copyrite thingy was an image because they were picky and wanted a certain font. I explained that it would only appear like that if the fonts were installed on the viewers machine as it's not a standard windows font and blah blah blah....

But I then forgot to change it... Smarty pants..!!!

I'll do it soon.....

And no pictures for The Luxe.... :p

And they're M&M's not smarties...;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom