Paper Licence

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Koolvin

Administrator
Staff member
Car
W168, W169 & S202
Even though my Paper License looks like it's been in the war I still got it taped up in a sealed poly bag.

Looks like i'll have to give it up because the addy on it is wrong :(

Mine died about 9 months ago, I recieved a nice shiney new one, which reminds me of how bad I can look (why do passport photos never look good) and came complete with a new paper bit for me to loose (with the addition of three points).....

I like the photocard idea, shame about the paper counterpart!

Got my new photocard a few weeks ago. Fits snugly into my wallet now. I guess it'll come in handy when I get pulled :mad: or trying to get into a club! :D :bannana:

Originally posted by VikJ
Got my new photocard a few weeks ago. Fits snugly into my wallet now. I guess it'll come in handy when I get pulled :mad: or trying to get into a club! :D :bannana:

Have you suitably disposed of the paper bit then?? If you have to produce you licence, you will need both parts... :crazy:

Will still prove your age tho :bannana:

With a bit of luck, if you arrive in the Merc you will enter the club, then pull. :bannana:

Have you suitably disposed of the paper bit then?? If you have to produce you licence, you will need both parts...

Nah, still got the paper bit at home. You only need that if you get a producer and need to visit the Cop Shop though?

With a bit of luck, if you arrive in the Merc you will enter the club, then pull.

Certainly hope so Greg!

Nah, still got the paper bit at home. You only need that if you get a producer and need to visit the Cop Shop though?

Certainly hope so Greg!

Who's Greg?

Originally posted by Koolvin
Even though my Paper License looks like it's been in the war I still got it taped up in a sealed poly bag.

Looks like i'll have to give it up because the addy on it is wrong :(

Koolvin.

You will need a photo licence if ever you come across "job's worth"...........if only to get him to say good morning!! lol:bannana: :bannana:

heehe, yeah :p or he can get the '2 Fingers'

Never ever ever give your licence over to a nice policeman at the side of the road , you are instantly admiting liability and forefit your right to a NIP , notice of intending Prosicution.

And if could spell that would also be good too

Something i noticed is how much of a money spinner these new licences are for the government....

Normal licences last till your about 70 i think.. These new photo licences are to be renewed every 10 years at the cost of the holder. thats bad :(

:bannana:

Originally posted by fuzzer
Never ever ever give your licence over to a nice policeman at the side of the road , you are instantly admiting liability and forefit your right to a NIP , notice of intending Prosicution.

Fuzzer my old friend, you are wrong here i'm affraid.

Even if you accept a ticket (it your option not to accept a ticketl), you never forfeit your right to an NIP, as you never had the right to get one in the first place.

NIP is something that we will say to you when reporting for specific offences.

"You will be reported for the consideration of the question of prosecuting you for the offence of ???"

NIP

Originally posted by fuzzer

If you are at the side of the road you are likely to recieve a verbal NIP, it does not have to be in the form of a letter...

You live and learn ...............

I got some bum advice then , not to worry ..

Ah yes! But in the past, I handed my licence over to a traffic cop so he could have a look and he refused to hand it back. He said that I had in fact surrendered it to him as I was admitting guilt for a fixed penalty.

In the end I had to literally rugby tackle this 'officer of the law' and snatch back my licence to stop him getting back into his car and disappearing off with it.

I was consequently arrested of course and spent the next four hours in Richmond nick. Thankfully I was saved by the virtue of the BP garages security camera footage which had videod the whole event and clearly showed the officer waving my licence around in the air trying to stop me grabbing it back. I tried to persue a formal complaint but ended up having late night telephone calls and visits from different police officers at all levels of seniority 'suggesting' that it would be best for all concerned if the matter was dealt with internally. Suffice to say that it ended up getting a little too serious for my liking as amongst other things even my own job was threatened and I had to back down.

I never did get my fixed penalty though :rolleyes:

In retrospect, I must admit I was at an age where I thought I was invinceable, I rode at twice the legal limit everywhere and a flashing blue light in my rear view mirror always faded into the distance without even trying too hard if you catch my drift.

Was the copper right to pull me - yes. Was he right to try to bend the law and try to force an admition of guilt by stealing my licence - in my opinion, definately not.

Consequently, to this day I never carry my licence with me. In fact, even when I get an HORT1, I only show a photocopy of my licence down at the nick and not once have I had a problem with that.

Last edited:
Sp!ke your a right geezer mate!!!

Im gonna change your title now.

You cant do that! :eek:

What will people make of me when the discussion gets heated :confused:

Us oldies still prefer the old red folding licences.:bannana:

I've still got mine somewhere, how about you lot?:rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom