Parasite, 4 Oscars including Best Picture!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

neilrr

MB Enthusiast
Car
Various.
I saw this about a month ago on one of Odeon's Mystery Movie showings where they don't tell you what film they're showing.

When we realised we were in for >2 hours of Korean movie with subtitles we groaned, but how wrong we were. Time flew & gotta say it's one of the best films I've seen in a v. long time.

BTW, if you've never been to a mystery movie showing, try it. Usually much more intelligent films than the standard superhero, Hollywood re-make, blow-it-up stuff Odeon usually shows.

So not just Hollywood trying to show some diversity because everyone says they should then.

I don't bother with films that win Oscars, they're usually crap

I don't bother with films that win Oscars, they're usually crap
Hi

Well I have seen 5 of this years Oscar winners and really enjoyed 4 of them thoroughly.
I really enjoyed Ford vs Ferrari - such a great film.
Thought Joachin was awesome in Joker - although the film is quite sad!
Really enjoyed 1917 - only saw that last weekend and it was truly awesome.
Really enjoyed Rocketman - so much fun!

Thought Once upon a time in Hollywood was a pile of crap!

Cheers
Steve

From the review: "With the planet now uninhabitable, mankind's last survivors live on a self-sustaining train that has been circling the globe for the past 17 years. As each carriage is split into a different class system, the poor inhabitants of the tail end decide to stage a revolt against the controlling passengers at the front. Nit-pickers will probably find fault with the story's finer details..."

Bloody huge nits right there to pick; never mind "the finer details". I have difficulty suspending disbelief when the basic premise of a story is from Cloud Cuckoo Land...

I have emailed Bong Joon-ho with your concerns. As soon as he replies I will post his response here.

Each to his own. Neither of us is wrong, according to his lights, but I'm not a film buff by any stretch of the imagination.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom