Parastic battery drain news yaa

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Weldfixfab

Car
Cls 55 AMG
Hi folks thanks for the brill advice on parasitic drain on the battery ..
I found the fuse to the heated seats going do lally when i put my multi meter on it .. so i removed the fuse and the car starts the following day ... brill but i also checked the battery at same time and it seem lol on power when . Charged so new battery too .. my question is why was the muti meter going mad reading all over the shop .. is it a loose connection or is there a heater seat relay failing .. thankyou again for the advice

I found the battery drain on mine (if left for a week or so it was borderline on starting or nothing at all) to be the alarm siren. Had it changed a few weeks ago and it's been fine since then and hasn't let me down.

I would check for a poor connection or maybe change the relay from the other seat to see if that makes any difference. Also check that your boot is dry as water can sometimes find it's way in there and cause all sorts of fun and games.

Nice cars aren't they :)

I found the battery drain on mine (if left for a week or so it was borderline on starting or nothing at all) to be the alarm siren. Had it changed a few weeks ago and it's been fine since then and hasn't let me down.

I would check for a poor connection or maybe change the relay from the other seat to see if that makes any difference. Also check that your boot is dry as water can sometimes find it's way in there and cause all sorts of fun and games.

Nice cars aren't they :)
hi it has had some water in the boot came in via the rear light as seal has perished some. .may be i ought to check the connections in the boot too
i love it it has been msl tuned with pulley fitted it goes like billyo thanks for the advice

I guess it's worth checking everything. It'd probably be easier to get it plugged in to see if there is anything else going on inside the wonderful world of plenty ECU's and connections that exist in them that might show something up. Although I'd get the battery drop tested first to make sure it's not a duff one. I 've had new batteries fail as well as ones that show that they're holding at least 12.5v that have been junk.

Ooh an MSL tune :cool: In standard form they run nice

I guess it's worth checking everything. It'd probably be easier to get it plugged in to see if there is anything else going on inside the wonderful world of plenty ECU's and connections that exist in them that might show something up. Although I'd get the battery drop tested first to make sure it's not a duff one. I 've had new batteries fail as well as ones that show that they're holding at least 12.5v that have been junk.

Ooh an MSL tune :cool: In standard form they run nice
I can test the battery... on my list now. i will refit lights and use silicone grease to be sure of a dry boot .. i like the tune at msl it was done prior to me buying i dont think the garage knew what had been done to the car lol 😆

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom