Parcels to Greece

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Darrell

Hardcore MB Enthusiast
Back in Mill Hill but sometimes in Skiathos
Car
Gixxer 6, Citroen Berlingo, 911 C4S, Dacia Duster and lots of bicycles.
I need to send a box of goodies to my wife and daughter.

I intend to use the type of box that you can buy from Shurguard or equivalant, sized at about 500 x 500 x 1000 high. Time is not a big issue so it doesn't have to go by plane and a max weight of 30 kilos.

Does anyone know a cheap way or a decent firm to send the box.

What is it? Food parcels!! :devil:

Is it not easier to send money and they buy what they need there? Moving stuff around is expensive. So is assembling it all, packing it up....

Is it not easier to send money and they buy what they need there? Moving stuff around is expensive. So is assembling it all, packing it up....

They won't be able to use euro or sterling currency soon.. Looks like they will either be owned by Germany or have to revert to the drachma ;)

Some of the stuff I am sending is unavailable in Skiathos like certain things for the bar. Other items are much cheaper here eg clothes for my daughter, cheap as chips at Asda. My wife wants a new pair of Timberlands. 190euros there or 110 quid here.

As long as the parcel is insured properly...
Faster = less risk and more expensive.
Slow = cheaper is slower and more opportunity for it to get nicked along the way.
Can the Greek posties be relied apon? I'd courier it commercially if it were me.

Royal mail - surface mail (for economy)

They are surprisingly cheap, check their website

I always use Parcel Delivery from Interparcel which is a comparison website, i've sent stuff all over the world and they're nearly always the cheapest and in my experience the most reliable.
+1 for Interparcel. :thumb:

I recently did just this. Although it wasn't as big. It was a wine box size that weighed 4Kg. It went via UPS and was there in 7 days. Circa £25 to Thessaloniki.

You can track it all the way too.

PS. I'd avoid Royal Mail - they've let me down on more than one occasion and their "insurance" is worthless.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom