Park Assist - 2006 W164 ML320 CDI

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

-AJC-

Car
ML 320 CDI
Our 2006 ML 320 CDI has genuine MB parking sensors fitted on both front and rear bumpers but is not fitted with the LED display on the front dash or rear dome light? It neither has the ParkAssist deactivate button on the lower dash as the system is controlled through the multi function display.

Can someone advise when MB switched to using a switch to deactivate the system and how easy it is to install genuine MB LED displays and the associated control units?

I am hoping to source the required parts through breakers and fit this myself.

Thanks

If fitted at factory you should have the LED displays front and rear as well as the button. Have you checked the datacard to make sure they were fitted?

Thanks for the replies.

I'm waiting to pick the car up as I've only just bought this. The sensors are genuine as are the bumpers but not sure whether the rest of the parktronic system components have been fitted?

Clearly not the led displays so if the previous owner fitted the bumpers and sensors to make it look as though it has parktronic, what other components are required to make the system work?

I suspect the bumpers are not available any more without the holes for the sensors, so it might not be a case of the PO tryng to pass it off as factory-fit.

Maybe an aftermarket Parking Sensor kit would work out cheaper and less work...

Thanks PaulG but I want to keep the Parktronic OEM.

You can buy the front and rear LED displays and dash switch off the Bay or breakers for little money. I assume I then just need the control module and wiring loom?

Other than coding this in using Star much of this work should be straightforward, time consuming yes but straightforward.

Can anyone please confirm the components of the Parktronic system?

Have picked the car up and it is indeed an aftermarket system fitted.

Has anyone successfully retrofitted the genuine Parktronic system to a Mercedes? I know Comandonline do this but trying to save on the install by doing most of the work myself.

Are there two control modules required? One for the front and the back??

Can you buy the necessary wiring looms online or from Germany?

Grateful for any help and advice.

Cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom