Park Assists Disabled on all new Mercedes help!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
well... Id rather have my van serviced elsewhere, rather than loose options that I like to use, and most importantly I paid for. ...this is communism, when they tell you what you need and what you don't need, and what you can or cannot have! ...and if they say - its for your own good and safety, its nazizm!
Overreact much?

Overreact much?
Why? It is a different story, when you go and order a product (often worth over £50K!) and they don’t give you option, then and there you are free to decide if you want it or not. But if you decide, based on what is available/ offered / highlighted as a nice feature, you go ahead and order it, pay for it, and then its removed with no compensation. And everyone blames someone above all the way to UN / EU or whatever? My friend, this is a book example of communism. I know, as I experienced myself, that my parents were not able to buy meat, as you could only buy what the government was allowing you. - They care about you, you don't need that.

Why? It is a different story, when you go and order a product (often worth over £50K!) and they don’t give you option, then and there you are free to decide if you want it or not. But if you decide, based on what is available/ offered / highlighted as a nice feature, you go ahead and order it, pay for it, and then its removed with no compensation. And everyone blames someone above all the way to UN / EU or whatever? My friend, this is a book example of communism. I know, as I experienced myself, that my parents were not able to buy meat, as you could only buy what the government was allowing you. - They care about you, you don't need that.

Under Communism or Nazism, you wouldn't have the option of simply buying a different brand....

I think likening mercedes with nazis is an overreaction.

I think likening mercedes with nazis is an overreaction.
who is linking Mercedes with nazis? (although there are links) All I'm saying, is that nazi dealt with people in similar way. - promised them something, only to trick them into something different., and then was saying that it is for your own good, and that they only following orders from above. Identical mechanism. Absolutely not important if it would be Mercedes, Skoda or Bayer.

So I managed to rectify the 360 camera issue this morning, FWIW if you ever lose the left and right views and the mirrors are illuminated in red on the screen, retract them and put them back down seem to resolve the issue, not sure what they must have done but clearly something was screwy... so I didn't need to return to the dealer.

Secondly I've formally informed the selling dealer that this functionality has been disabled and my vehicle does not meet the specification I have paid for, and although I don't want to reject the car I feel I am left with no option or to be reimburst the £££ for the features I do not have....

Let's wait and see eh?

As for the 'legal' argument.... my (admittedly limited) experience with mandatory standards, directives, and regulations is that they are published well in advance and business are given ample time to make whatever arrangements are need for the implementation of the new measures.

I am guessing that the Head of Compliance at Daimler AG didn't notice that his spam folder was filling-up with emails with the subject 'Urgent - New Directive!' because '@un.org' wasn't of the spam filter whitelist....

Whatever is the reason, someone at MB was clearly asleep at the helm for most of 2019 and 2020, at least.

As an update - I've had a licences workshop plug into my cars computer and have a look at the situation.

GLC left factory March 2021 Premium Plus Pack

What's really strange is that my car is 'coded' as a Coupe - and it's not of course. So looking into the parking areas - it looks like at the factory they've just put in a code and zapped it all off rather than partially disabling it. I am guessing it would be too much effort to do it in stages and easier to just go 'OFF'.

He's claiming that that bay parking should be available but parallel parking is disabled. The VIN log shows a REDUCTION not a complete disable.

Does anyone have bay parking only? On my car (march 2021 build) it's all disabled.

Also - my cameras look a bit crap in terms of their position. Can anyone check and see If theirs looks the same - especially the front and back cameras?

Attachments

• IMG_2270.jpeg
    IMG_2270.jpeg
    117.3 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_2271.jpeg
    IMG_2271.jpeg
    109 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_2272.jpeg
    IMG_2272.jpeg
    115.6 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_2273.jpeg
    IMG_2273.jpeg
    125.7 KB · Views: 12
As an update - I've had a licences workshop plug into my cars computer and have a look at the situation.

GLC left factory March 2021 Premium Plus Pack

What's really strange is that my car is 'coded' as a Coupe - and it's not of course. So looking into the parking areas - it looks like at the factory they've just put in a code and zapped it all off rather than partially disabling it. I am guessing it would be too much effort to do it in stages and easier to just go 'OFF'.

He's claiming that that bay parking should be available but parallel parking is disabled. The VIN log shows a REDUCTION not a complete disable.

Does anyone have bay parking only? On my car (march 2021 build) it's all disabled.

Also - my cameras look a bit crap in terms of their position. Can anyone check and see If theirs looks the same - especially the front and back cameras?
Interesting that I found this thread.

So I purchased a CLA 200 premium plus on April 12th the first date dealerships reopened. Took delivery a couple of weeks ago and yes I can confirm that it will bay park by itself with no problems at all but refuses to see any parallel parking spaces.

I have searched through VINbuilders (production date of car 20/02/21) to find this '8B8 - Active Parking Assist Reduction (UN R79)' everyone is quoting and it is not on there. I do have something that I think is linked to the bay parking only and not parallel which is '8B6 Park assist with cross traffic function (UN R79) so it looks as though they are now coding mercedes to be able to bay park but not parallel park. Absolutely NO idea why it is allowed to bay park and not parallel park with EU laws but there you go? Anyone that has had their function fully disabled maybe mercedes can at least put bay parking back in?

So I purchased a CLA 200 premium plus on April 12th the first date dealerships reopened. Took delivery a couple of weeks ago and yes I can confirm that it will bay park by itself with no problems at all but refuses to see any parallel parking spaces.

I have searched through VINbuilders (production date of car 20/02/21) to find this '8B8 - Active Parking Assist Reduction (UN R79)' everyone is quoting and it is not on there. I do have something that I think is linked to the bay parking only and not parallel which is '8B6 Park assist with cross traffic function (UN R79) so it looks as though they are now coding mercedes to be able to bay park but not parallel park. Absolutely NO idea why it is allowed to bay park and not parallel park with EU laws but there you go? Anyone that has had their function fully disabled maybe mercedes can at least put bay parking back in?
As has been mentioned once or twice, it is a UN Regulation, not EU, that has been implemented and perhaps interpreted by Mercedes-Benz.

This would tally with what I've heard too - that it shouldn't be a total disable only a reduction. I think it's down to some lazy -ass coding in the factory to get the cars out fast.

This is not something I've every used even on my previous W213, but I thought I would try it today on my EQC400.........

Guess what it doesn't work!

First registered 29/10/20 and its not been in the dealers for anything since then.

This is not something I've every used even on my previous W213, but I thought I would try it today on my EQC400.........

Guess what it doesn't work!

First registered 29/10/20 and its not been in the dealers for anything since then.
None of it? not even bay parking?

Received this after a request to my selling MB dealer who I must say have been very good for info reference my new e class picked up in the middle of March.

I received a response back from our product experts at head office in regards to the above. Please see below:

Hi Tom.

The deactivation varies by model. In most cases it is only the parallel parking function that is disabled.

Two steering codes from production should be on vehicles to show what has been removed:

· 8B6 – Parallel Parking Deactivated

· 8B8 – Complete deactivation of Active Park Assist

You would need to check these on an individual basis.

I hope this helps.

You have neither of these codes on the specification sheet for your E-Class; so all should be fine!p

Mine
ModelE 220 d Cabriolet
ColourBrilliant blue metallic finish (896U)
Upholsteryleather black/anthracite (201A)
Production Date2020-11-03
Haven’t tried it yet but according to MB I have it all fitted and working

With that build date I think the system would be turned off from the factory. It’s still in the brochure though, which makes me think it’s an MBUK mistake

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom