• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Park Assists Disabled on all new Mercedes help!

Active Park Assist on COMAND NTG 5.5 allowed nose first or tail first and gap selection ... would be surprised if that didn't carry forward to MBUX??

Perhaps too much off topic on this thread but does gap selection mean parking between cars that have space for multiple cars, selecting one of them? Does it also work if there is only one car or no other car? Just wondering when CoopsSA had problems on an empty parking area. I thought the later ones (possibly yours too) were able to figure out where to park just based on white lines, not only by measuring other cars with radar sensors?

Perhaps too much off topic on this thread but does gap selection mean parking between cars that have space for multiple cars, selecting one of them? Does it also work if there is only one car or no other car? Just wondering when CoopsSA had problems on an empty parking area. I thought the later ones (possibly yours too) were able to figure out where to park just based on white lines, not only by measuring other cars with radar sensors?

Pretty sure mine (2019) only detects gaps between other cars, and if there are several 'in range' you have to select which one. TBH I just tried it out for fun when we first got the car, and have never used it 'for real'!

Hi Folks, I can see that there have been a lot of others finding themselves in the same situation as me, i.e. buying a car with expectation of having assisted parking and even having a button for it, but it does not actually have this feature. My car is a 2020 GLC 300 Premium Plus, I thought I was buying a car with all the bells and whistles but apparently not, anyway after a lot of complaints to Mercedes it was checked in Edinburgh and I was told my car does not have the parking feature although it had been sold to me as having it, however Mercedes said they could change the features of the car at any time so disregarding their reasons for doing it I was just supposed to accept it, so I complained to the motor ombudsman and their final reply is attached ( the whole exercise was a total waste of time but you have to try) I still love the car but I probably wont buy another Merc after being misled, I am aware that some other companies are just as bad but I will give them a chance.

Attachments

Hi Folks, I can see that there have been a lot of others finding themselves in the same situation as me, i.e. buying a car with expectation of having assisted parking and even having a button for it, but it does not actually have this feature. My car is a 2020 GLC 300 Premium Plus, I thought I was buying a car with all the bells and whistles but apparently not, anyway after a lot of complaints to Mercedes it was checked in Edinburgh and I was told my car does not have the parking feature although it had been sold to me as having it, however Mercedes said they could change the features of the car at any time so disregarding their reasons for doing it I was just supposed to accept it, so I complained to the motor ombudsman and their final reply is attached ( the whole exercise was a total waste of time but you have to try) I still love the car but I probably wont buy another Merc after being misled, I am aware that some other companies are just as bad but I will give them a chance.

Tbh . The park itself option isnt that good a feature. I've used it twice in 3 years . The 1st time in an open street with normal straight curbs . Everything went fine . 2nd time reversing into a layby with another car already parked . Absolute disaster ,car didn't have a clue where the curb was , I tried twice and gave up. I thought more of my tyres and alloys.

Tbh . The park itself option isnt that good a feature. I've used it twice in 3 years . The 1st time in an open street with normal straight curbs . Everything went fine . 2nd time reversing into a layby with another car already parked . Absolute disaster ,car didn't have a clue where the curb was , I tried twice and gave up. I thought more of my tyres and alloys.
Hi OFTH, Yes I have heard this from my friend who has a 2019 GLC Coupe, he never uses the parking option as its too slow and inaccurate, its just annoying to expect something and its not there even if you only use/try it once.

Just as a counterpoint to those saying park assist is pointless or doesn’t work. I only have on-street parking where I live so I use the park assist every time I return home. It works well for me 95% of the time (I have a GLC which is old enough to have full parking assist).
I wouldn’t buy another car without it.
I would be very unhappy if I were in the group of customers who ordered cars with it specified but had it retrospectively removed.

Hi, I have a 2021 C220d which has the park assist button, but I'm not sure if it's enabled? I've tried vin checkers etc to see if I can see if the option is installed but none of the vin checkers recognise my number; they suggest the number is incorrect which of course it isn't. (W1K2052142G066591)
Attached is a photo of the screen when I press the button. I've tried driving round car parks and slowly down streets but nothing happens.

Attachments

• IMG_0724.png
    IMG_0724.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 6
Hi, I have a 2021 C220d which has the park assist button, but I'm not sure if it's enabled? I've tried vin checkers etc to see if I can see if the option is installed but none of the vin checkers recognise my number; they suggest the number is incorrect which of course it isn't. (W1K2052142G066591)
Attached is a photo of the screen when I press the button. I've tried driving round car parks and slowly down streets but nothing happens.

You have

8B8 Active Parking Assist reduction (UN R79)

Thanks! How did you find out?
Is there a way to remove the restriction through the use of software and OBD-II device or something?

Use your vin on one of many data card websites. I very much doubt mb fitted the gubbins not just wrote out the software tbh.

Use your vin on one of many data card websites. I very much doubt mb fitted the gubbins not just wrote out the software tbh.
Ah never mind then. Yeah all of the websites do not find the VIN. mbdecoder.com etc

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230124-230958.png
    Screenshot_20230124-230958.png
    268.9 KB · Views: 11
  • Screenshot_20230124-231009.png
    Screenshot_20230124-231009.png
    232.8 KB · Views: 10
  • Screenshot_20230124-231024.png
    Screenshot_20230124-231024.png
    234.9 KB · Views: 8
  • Screenshot_20230124-231031.png
    Screenshot_20230124-231031.png
    215 KB · Views: 9
Hi, I have mercedes EQV, buyin 2022. Hoping I have active parking assistent like in my old Mercedes V250 (older than 2020). I find oit after buying that it is not working. Someone speaks about EU law and deactivation. I was hoping that I can get update after one year on A service..But today I got info that no possible. What is.terrible that all from mercedes guys know nothing about this "problem". So.finaly I find this forum and I have some solution. Maybe you can find it also for your models:

Thanks! How did you find out?
Is there a way to remove the restriction through the use of software and OBD-II device or something?
You have option code 235 which is the full parktronic with park assist. However, further down in your data card you have 8B8 which looks very much like it removes the park assist element.

I use the genuine Mercedes VIN decoder which is the only reliable source. It has cars on it that literally have just rolled off the production line.

Hi, I have mercedes EQV, buyin 2022. Hoping I have active parking assistent like in my old Mercedes V250 (older than 2020). I find oit after buying that it is not working. Someone speaks about EU law and deactivation. I was hoping that I can get update after one year on A service..But today I got info that no possible. What is.terrible that all from mercedes guys know nothing about this "problem". So.finaly I find this forum and I have some solution. Maybe you can find it also for your models:

I don't know if this dongle thingy works, but if it does work, then keep in mind that you will need to inform your insurer of this modification.

New glc. I have active parking assist with parktronic enabled. Checked and my car finds a space and parks automatically as per my previous a class. Nothing seems to be disabled for me

I've used it once in 3 years ,just to see if it did work. :-)

I've used it once in 3 years ,just to see if it did work. :-)

I have it in my Hyundai. Tried it once. It works. That box is now ticked.... :D

EDIT: the Hyundai also has remote parking. That's another box ticked.....

I have it in my Hyundai. Tried it once. It works. That box is now ticked.... :D

EDIT: the Hyundai also has remote parking. That's another box ticked.....
Which Hyundai is it . I've been looking at the Kia Sportage / tuscon. Getting tired of a coupe suspension now :)

After 7 years of owning my S205 the only damage to my alloys was a result of using park assist. The system on my car finds it hard to judge the kerb position of weeds are growing in the gutter or if the road has a big crown to it. System is only say 1cm out but that’s enough to scrape the rims. Have never been able to use the leaving the parking spot feature which should get the car out of the slot it’s gone into even if the vehicles around have not changes
Stopped using the system as I can reverse park faster and more accurately myself and can get into far smaller spaces that the automated system can.
It’s still amping though if you purchased a car with items in a package missing with no chance of retrofit or discount on the price. Back in my BMW days about 9 years ago parking assist was over £400 as an extra.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom