• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Park Assists Disabled on all new Mercedes help!

I have been assured that active park is still very much a function on new vehicles. I am now thinking..

Can I legally refuse to accept a car that does not match the order spec that was stipulated and signed by both parties?

I had Park Assist on my 2012 ML350 which only kicked in at low speeds and when I was indicating, is Active Park Assist is the same thing except without the need to be indicating?

I'm pretty sure it is working on my 2020 C Class that I picked up a few weeks ago, the response in post 54 really isn't clear. I think we're all interpreting it in different ways. For example "Moving forward a car will no longer actively search for parking positions at low speeds". I take that to mean that the car won't automatically scan for parking spaces at low speeds. You have to manually invoke the system by pressing the park assist button as is the case in my new car. In my old 2018 C250d it would automatically bring the parking symbol up on the dash at low speeds and then confirm it had found a space on the instrument cluster and you would press OK on the steering wheel to start the process. I used to think this was quite dangerous as someone could potentially press OK on the wheel by accident therefore starting the process off. I could be completely wrong but that is how I interpret that particular part of the response.

The opposite is what MBUK's response says. It will no longer actively scan for parking spaces at low speeds
Thats what's confusing, so what is park assist without the active bit?

But you still have to accelerate/brake manually??

Yes but potentially dangerous if you had the wheel in a certain position and were not aware. When I used to reverse onto my Parent's driveway which is in the bottom corner of a cul de sac it would sometimes pick up their neighbour's drive way as a space mid turn which I found bizarre.

Maybe Park Assist tells you if a space is big enough and tells you which way to turn the wheel

Active Park Assist turns the wheel for you?

Reactions: Ted
Maybe Park Assist tells you if a space is big enough and tells you which way to turn the wheel

Active Park Assist turns the wheel for you?

Good video from MB Poole explaining the two versions of the system here:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Yes but potentially dangerous if you had the wheel in a certain position and were not aware. When I used to reverse onto my Parent's driveway which is in the bottom corner of a cul de sac it would sometimes pick up their neighbour's drive way as a space mid turn which I found bizarre.

But if you were parking manually and activated it by mistake it would cancel as soon as you moved the steering wheel (which you surely would)??

I have received the following update from Mercedes, as far as I can see they have removed the word Active, I am not sure how the car should operate with just park assist? They have also confirmed that my car should have it so why can't it be turned on?

Thank you for contacting Mercedes-Benz Customer Service.

I have confirmed with our Marketing Department that Active Park Assist has correctly been removed from all Marketing communications. The functions which you refer to are still available. "Parking Assist with PARKTRONIC and "Parking Package with 360° camera". However, Active Park Assist has been discontinued as per EU Regulation UN R79, as described in our previous correspondence.

The "Active" part of the Park Assist feature has been discontinued. Moving forward a car will no longer actively search for parking positions at low speeds.

I can confirm that your Mercedes-Benz GLC still maintains the Active Park Assist feature. It is recorded on the car’s Specification Sheet as Code: 235 ACTIVE PARKING ASSISTANCE

Please refer to your local Mercedes-Benz Retailer for assistance with this function. All our Retailers are privy to the same information as this office. However, should you wish us to investigate this with your Retailer, please inform us of the Mercedes-Benz Retailer involved.

Should you have any further requirements please do not hesitate to contact us.
You will undoubtedly not get a sensible answer, but I would still be tempted to ask MB what part of the EU Regulation UNR79 which they quote requires them to remove the feature. There is nothing that I can see that would.
Have you also checked what happens with the other steering related features that your vehicle should have? Does the lane departure warning work? Do you get a corrective one-sided brake application if you drift over a solid white line? Obviously you would need to try this in safe conditions.

If you have trouble getting to sleep, here is EU Regulation UNR79.

Life's too short to read it all, but is it possible MB have disabled Active Park Assist not because the regulation prohibits it, but because it somehow doesn't meet one of its 54,673,946 requirements?

We have a 2020 registered jan this year glc and I’m sure ours has the system enabled but I must say today I noticed a blue p sign in the dash which I’m sure has not been there before

If you have trouble getting to sleep, here is EU Regulation UNR79.

Life's too short to read it all, but is it possible MB have disabled Active Park Assist not because the regulation prohibits it, but because it somehow doesn't meet one of its 54,673,946 requirements?
The OP included the link to this in his opening post, and I have read it. As I said in my earlier post, the only obvious reason for disabling it is if MB are unwilling or unable to provide the safety case that the regulation requires - which would be worrying.

Hi, I have that same little blue P icon
Has yours always been there because it was only today I said to my better half I never noticed that p sign before.
it goes out when I hit around 20 mph

Just logged onto the Ford UK site (wash my mouth out with soap) On the new pre-order electric Mustang it has..... Guess what? Their bold type not mine :)

Full Active Park Assist; 360° Camera​

Good video from MB Poole explaining the two versions of the system here:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Very good video but was it recorded last year before this alleged legislation came out?

Very good video but was it recorded last year before this alleged legislation came out?

Yup - it was for the benefit of those who weren't clear how the 'full' system worked.

To be fair, I've had it for nearly two years and never used it. Rather park it using my own judgement.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom