• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Park Assists Disabled on all new Mercedes help!

Mark, this is all bad. But the 3rd MB mis sold to you ? Honestly mate They would have not got even a second chance with me. I have (thankfully) missed out on all this new MB $hit because I bought an old one (that I like very much) , but even the tiny amount of interaction I have had with MB main dealers has put me off buying a new one ...ever.

I get it that happy customers rarely post on line about how happy they are , but since I joined here some of the main dealer stories beggar belief.

I have no reason to believe it is any better than at Audi/BMW/VAG etc , but pi$$ poor main dealer interaction seems to be quite normal these days.
Well it is difficult to avoid dishonest manufacturers of cars! I had two VAG products affected by the emissions scandal and two Mercedes plus this third Mercedes with another miss selling issue. I have decided to join the group litigation for all four cars and will give Mercedes opportunity to make me happy with this one before I reject it as not what I bought/was sold.

I only found out today of the situation with my car and it missing Park Assist functionality. It is just a few days after collection hence I am very raw. I am unable to edit or delete my post (unless anyone knows how?) as I have been unfair to suggest the dealer was dishonest. I simply cannot know if they knew of the situation and that it would affect my car. They did seem honest throughout the sales process and when I brought the issue to their attention they seemed as surprised as me so I should be fair and give the benefit they didn't know. However Mercedes themselves simply have been dishonest as there is no excuse for not being sure to avail their website, dealers and sales people of the full facts clearly. How can they let their sales network sell a feature that they know they have removed!! I didn't buy blind, I was totally mislead by Mercedes. Hoodwinked. And I really do not know what to do. They said they would book the car in to their service and will need it for a week! But now I read that this is pointless since others on this thread have trod the same path only to have Mercedes say it cannot and will not be rectified. That leaves me rejecting the vehicle! What a mess and stress. What is worse this is the third Mercedes in a row that has been miss sold to me! See Mercedes emissions scandal, I have two that were affected by Mercedes wanton dishonesty ! and now a third! they clearly have form and have learned nothing. They must have governments in their pockets to repeatedly get away with grand scale fraudulent behaviour without any of them going to prison as I would if I behaved like that.
Hi Mark, I felt the same about Grimsby Mercedes, they hadn't a clue that this function had been removed, in fact the after sales department were trying to walk me through the park assist function while I was driving my car and they were using one of their own cars with the same spec. I'm afraid we and they have been duped by Mercedes, I don't think I will be buying another one after this, you just don't expect this kind of treatment.

Hi Mark, I felt the same about Grimsby Mercedes, they hadn't a clue that this function had been removed, in fact the after sales department were trying to walk me through the park assist function while I was driving my car and they were using one of their own cars with the same spec. I'm afraid we and they have been duped by Mercedes, I don't think I will be buying another one after this, you just don't expect this kind of treatment.

Just received this from The Motor Ombudsman.

Thank you for getting in touch with The Motor Ombudsman and we’re really sorry for the delay in responding - we appreciate you being so patient with our service.

Having reviewed your enquiry, we think it’s something we can investigate further and it’s now waiting to be allocated to one of our case investigators. When they pick it up, they’ll give you an update so you know they’ve got it, and what the next steps will be

I have picked my Mercedes GLC300 from new, it was built on 31st October 2020, i have the same issue with parking assist, I’m planning to take it to MB and see, I am so annoyed as the one I have tested had it and it was mentioned in the brochure as well!

I have picked my Mercedes GLC300 from new, it was built on 31st October 2020, i have the same issue with parking assist, I’m planning to take it to MB and see, I am so annoyed as the one I have tested had it and it was mentioned in the brochure as well!

See below:

First things first... run your car's VIN through a VIN decoder to make sure that you actually have the same issue as described in this thread.

Check if your car's options list includes this one:

'8B8 Active Parking Assist reduction (UN R79)'

Just received this from The Motor Ombudsman.

Thank you for getting in touch with The Motor Ombudsman and we’re really sorry for the delay in responding - we appreciate you being so patient with our service.

Having reviewed your enquiry, we think it’s something we can investigate further and it’s now waiting to be allocated to one of our case investigators. When they pick it up, they’ll give you an update so you know they’ve got it, and what the next steps will be
Update// had another email from the Motor Ombudsman requesting all my correspondence, order form etc. Had to physically post all this so I am now waiting for a response from them. This could all be a waste of time but I will keep trying.

I know it's not the same model, but I have this on my CLA "8B6 Park Assist with cross-traffic function (UN R79)" and active park assist works, tested in the supermarket carpark
When was your car registered? That's the important piece of information missing.

This is an awful lot of discussion and what not over something that is basically a gimmick. I had parking assit on my 2012 ML, used it a couple of times to test and then got bored of it. I found it quicker to park the car myself. :)

This is an awful lot of discussion and what not over something that is basically a gimmick. I had parking assit on my 2012 ML, used it a couple of times to test and then got bored of it. I found it quicker to park the car myself. :)
What is a gimmick to one person may be a valuable feature to another. And things have moved on since 2012.

Reactions: AW8
I think that the main problem here is the combination of total ignorance of the issue at the dealer network level, with the inability to properly explain it at the MB UK level, communicated with what I can only describe as arrogant and dismissive undertones.

An issue properly explained in advance by the dealer in an apologetic tone - perhaps with some offer of compensation - would have gone a long way towards preventing threads like this, not to mention negative Google reviews and action by the Ombudsman.

Yes, it's a gimmick, but what MB have done here is a masterclass in how to transform a small problem into a big one.

See below:
Thank you I will but I’m positive it was included as I have the premium plus with 360 degree cameras, also when I test driven a similar car with the same spec, it had the active park assist, this is so disappointing and frustrating, I think there should be a group action by everyone effected against MB UK.

Thank you I will but I’m positive it was included as I have the premium plus with 360 degree cameras, also when I test driven a similar car with the same spec, it had the active park assist, this is so disappointing and frustrating, I think there should be a group action by everyone effected against MB UK.

I'm sure it was included, my point was that the VIN decoder check will tell you if yours was also disabled due to the UN regulation (like the OP's), or perhaps there's another reason that yours isn't working.

That said, if you feel confident that you know why your Active Park Assist isn't working and you don't need to check/confirm this, then fine.

What is a gimmick to one person may be a valuable feature to another. And things have moved on since 2012.
Whether its a gimmick or not is irrelevant if you paid for a function on your car it should work , Mercedes attitude to the removal of it stinks, they made out as if I should have telepathically known it was not present on the car and it pisses me off to have a button that is just for decoration. I agree it has limited use but it was one of the gimmicks that I fancied having and it influenced my choice of car.

If 'gimmicks' could be removed without notice... then Tesla could simply remove around £40k of features from each car they sell and insist that the cars are still 'as described'..... :D

When was your car registered? That's the important piece of information missing.
08/01/2021. My car wasn't built until October / November-ish, arrived in the UK on 1st December, so probably was built after September.

Tested mine and it still works.
2020 C300DE, Registered July, delivered August.

Not that I use it, as posted above, played with it for a bit and realised by the time its finished, I could have gone into Asda, done a big shop, had a coffee in the cafe, and loaded the car....
LOL.

I have contacted Mercedes Benz UK‘shead office, they are not aware of any restriction due to UN/EU regulation!
They have asked me to book the car with dealership, I have done so, took it today, they are still investigating! I will let you know whats the outcome

I have contacted Mercedes Benz UK‘shead office, they are not aware of any restriction due to UN/EU regulation!
They have asked me to book the car with dealership, I have done so, took it today, they are still investigating! I will let you know whats the outcome
Hi Omar, below is a copy of the last email I got from Mercedes UK customer service, so why they are denying knowing about this is beyond me.

Thank you for contacting Mercedes-Benz Customer Service.

In response to your question about the parking assist function in your vehicle not being operational, unfortunately due to EU Regulation UN R79 which is relating to automotive standards, we are no longer able to offer this function in several of our vehicles. We are sorry if this may come as a disappointment, but currently there is no prospect of being able to reactivate this for your vehicle in the future.

Further information can be obtained from your preferred Mercedes-Benz Retailer.

Should you have any further requirements please do not hesitate to contact us.

Yours sincerely

Simon Duckworth
Customer Service UK

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom