Park brake cable ajustment W169 2012 cdi

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

angiedave

Car
A class W169
Is there only one side (passenger) adjuster for hand brake cable please, can it be adjusted at the lever in cab ? W169 cdi 2012

Yes and no.
There are individual adjustments on the wheel cylinders.

Yes and no.
There are individual adjustments on the wheel cylinders.
Hi ai, thanks for reply, there looks to be cable adjustment before the cable gets to the back plate but only on passenger side, difficult for you if you have not viewed, not much workshop stuff out for the last of the W169, but sent for Loft's CD, that may help, just swopped my 03 220 cdi for W169, had her from new, near faultless really enjoyed her, best regards, dave.

Maybe I was not clear. The single cable adjustment is for both sides. There is no other cable adjustment.
There are the usual adjustments at the brake shoes.

Maybe I was not clear. The single cable adjustment is for both sides. There is no other cable adjustment.
There are the usual adjustments at the brake shoes.
Ok my amego I got you, thanks, d.

Sorry to resurrect this, but better than posting a new thread I guess.
So my w169 (2011) handrake does work but there is a lot of slack in the cable. You need about 8 clicks then it’s either on or off. Probably needs a new cable tbh to guve more graduation in the action.

Is there a cable adjustment on the left hand side ? btw I can access the handbrake shoe adjustment , if necessary by removing the rear discs for a final adjustment but that may have to wait till it’s Warmer....now wished I tackled it when I replaced the pads and discs earlier in the summer, but had enough issues with the disc retaining screw....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom