Park brake help

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Chriscorr

Car
C220 cdi 2011 w204
Hey all, purchased a c220 cdi w204 couple of months park.
Park brake wasn't great in that you have to really push it fairly hard down to get any type of brake.

I know now what I should of done was tighten the brake shoes in the rear drum... But I didn't and the result....
The other day I pressed the foot brake down to far and I felt like a snap...

The result was no tention on the pedal at all and zero brake.

I took a look at it today expecting to see a snapped cable but the cable is fine.

I then look to see if their was a tensioner where I could tighten up the slack and the cable but their isn't one... The cable runs right to the back of thr car where it splits in 2 at the back axle but their is definitely no tensioner

Anyone any ideas on what has failed here? I'm thinking is it the foot brake pedal itself that needs replacing?

These are a right royal pain... hense I've somehow not had a working one but some how pass an mot test for years .

Seems like the testers don't care as long as it's an automatic in Park , all separate places too .

Never received a braking result sheet either , surprise , surprise .

These are a right royal pain... hense I've somehow not had a working one but some how pass an mot test for years .

Seems like the testers don't care as long as it's an automatic in Park , all separate places too .

Never received a braking result sheet either , surprise , surprise .
Mines a manual 🙈 really need it sorted

Even more so .

Day 1 , diagnoses , 3 brake cables .

Day 2 , fitting ( only 2 required in the end ) and adjustment , I dive away and "bang" , what the... was that .
Car passes mot , pedal is all the way down I, discover days later !!

Day 3 , adjustment but only gives mild effort all the way down .

Testing a working manual C Class and it's just 4 clicks .

Day 4 , to be arranged for bedded in adjustment .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom